• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Missoulian giving up??

ranco

I had to search to find the write up on the griz game on the Missoulian Website. Not even a head line in the sports section or the Griz section. I guess the Missoulian has written them off.

ranco said:
I had to search to find the write up on the griz game on the Missoulian Website. Not even a head line in the sports section or the Griz section. I guess the Missoulian has written them off.

the bigger news is that you read the Missoulian....

That dying rag needs to fold. I was in Great Falls friday and the Saturday Tribune had every score for the state including box scores for the tiny towns with a paragraph synopsis. That takes actual work but that is why that paper is bought by locals, they get LOCAL news and sports not AP regurgitation by lazy editors.

The Missoulian is not giving up! I have worked there for many many years. It was a very late game, starting at 7 p.m. By the time it got over, and you write the story, there is very little time before the plates have to go to press. The press has to start by midnight so that papers are delivered by 6:30 ish around Western Montana. There is a story at Missoulian.com
The Griz were a step off last night, it happens! You always have one game like this, in the season. We will shake it off and be back in the saddle next week!

D Larson said:
The Missoulian is not giving up! I have worked there for many many years. It was a very late game, starting at 7 p.m. By the time it got over, and you write the story, there is very little time before the plates have to go to press. The press has to start by midnight so that papers are delivered by 6:30 ish around Western Montana. There is a story at Missoulian.com
The Griz were a step off last night, it happens! You always have one game like this, in the season. We will shake it off and be back in the saddle next week!

then why did the billings gazette have an article???

GrizPony said:
That dying rag needs to fold. I was in Great Falls friday and the Saturday Tribune had every score for the state including box scores for the tiny towns with a paragraph synopsis. That takes actual work but that is why that paper is bought by locals, they get LOCAL news and sports not AP regurgitation by lazy editors.

Tribune coverage is on the way down too. It used to be much better.

grizatwork said:
GrizPony said:

Trib has sucked for 30+ years. Although to be fair, I quit reading it in the early 90s...perhaps they improved since then.

D Larson said:

A legitimate excuse, but honestly the article would not take long. Griz failed to block and turned the ball over. Play calling was being made by by a blind, deaf and dumb midget who was up in the booth but they forgot to give him a chair and the counter blocked his view. Defense tackled like third grade girls. Next week the Griz play PSU. The end.

ordigger said:
grizatwork said:
GrizPony said:

Trib has sucked for 30+ years. Although to be fair, I quit reading it in the early 90s...perhaps they improved since then.

You must be simple boy.

I live near Boise, ID and I still subscribe to the Tribune and the Havre paper. Tribune is one of the best papers in the NW in my opinion.

Back