• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Mick Holien

Agent 00Pike

This concerns an old topic but I don't know that I ever heard the final word on this subject. What will be the status on Mick Holien calling the play by play for the radio broadcasts this season? I remember there was some discussion awhile back that he was being put out to pasture. After listening to and being entertained by the guy the last 10-11 years, I believe that it may take some getting used to another voice if he's not going to be back. In my mind he's the Keith Jackson of the Big Sky Conference. Mick & Scott are a class act. :mad:

I should hope that Mick Holein woud do all the play by play but I heard It was all resting on the bidding process as to to who would have the honors between radio stations . Not too mention that Bill Schwanke is a good friend of Wayne Hogan which does'nt help Mick.

Actually I heard that the radio station wanted to use Schwanke but it was the University that insisted on keeping Holien as their official voice. Anyway, I'm told Holien and Gurns will be back for football for sure.

i remember hearing the same thing as Hammer.

Rumor has it Hogan and Schwanke are not close.

The school(AD-office) waited until all was nearly said and done until saying they objected and demanded Holien. Which is poor form IMHO.

Thankyou for the update on Mick! And if Mick and Scott are in fact returning, then according to the countdown clock in 94 days and less than 1 hour, life returns to normal!!! :)

Mick is a joke, worst announcer in college football. He stands for all that is wrong with grizzly football and trust me there is a lot wrong.

HIPPIESRULE said:
Mick is a joke, worst announcer in college football. He stands for all that is wrong with grizzly football and trust me there is a lot wrong.

Nothing says "wrong" and "football" like the bobcats, so I guess you'd be the expert.

But only a mentally challenged bobcat would fail to see what experts have for years: that Mick is one of the best in the business, and the University of Montana is extremely fortunate to have him.

But, it's an excellence thing, so we wouldn't expect that you'd understand.

HIPPIESRULE said:
you moron....heres a tribute to you.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0[/youtube]

HIPPIESRULE said:

YOU are a joke if you don't actually recognize Mick's talent - why do you think the majority of fans who watch the Griz on TV KNOW that the best way to enjoy the game is to mute the TV and listen to Mick on the radio. He is more than a great announcer, he is a symbol and the voice of the Griz so suck it, Hippie.

MrTitleist said:
I could have swore I banned hippiesrule permanently.. maybe it's time to revisit that..

...don't know about banning the dick head...
...but a bitch slap is definetly in order...

... :cool: ...

YEAH!

This is America damn it...........how dare he have on opinion that differs from others! I say you all keep being pussies and strike down any voice that doesnt mimic yours!

Oh wait..........................................

:coffee:

MrTitleist said:
I could have swore I banned hippiesrule permanently.. maybe it's time to revisit that..
I didn't know there were any hippies..the only place I hear them mentioned is on EGriz...geezus, is Montana THAT conservative? It has been more than 40 years since a normal person mouthed "hippie" and more since one was sited....

Latest posts

Back