• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Message To The Grizzly Football Program.

Grizo406

DONOR
Here are some key words for your next pre-game(if there is one) pep talk...step up, heart, desire, a productive offense, and a tough defense...all of these need to be on the same page at the same time. They all go together. Wanting it just don't f*cking get it, as was clearly proved today.

Thinking you deserve it because you are the present National Champions isn't going to fly, like the countless number of under or overthrown passes that filled the skies today. As I stated above, wanting it just doesn't get the job done...you have to step up with heart, desire, offense, defense, and f*cking TAKE IT!

Look at the GSU program...their first 3 games, they were 1-2, check them out now. They seem to be a lock for a 7th NC. They made the changes that needed to be made, got focused, and are now looking at another ring, and talk about heart...I can hear their's beating from here.

Call me a fair weather fan, tell me I've jumped off the "band wagon" all you feel you need to. I don't give a rat's @ss about that...but when I cut myself shaving, the only thing that still comes out is maroon and silver...I stayed in Washington/Grizzly Stadium today until the last Bobcat player/fan had left, freezing my pride off, and left wondering, did we leave all our "Griz heart" in the stands at Joe Albi? Besides our defense today, that's the last time I saw any REAL "Griz heart", too bad in was in the stands... I sure saw a lot of blue and gold heart today.

So, in retrospect, I guess my point is...what do the Griz and "the powers that be" need to do to make us what we once were?

Even with our "well known" injuries, we should have thumped Montana State today, but we didn't because they had way too much of what we lost 2 games ago.

Our caliber of intolerance to win has suddenly became our mantra, and winning has became an outdated sense of reality. Oh, but there's alway next year, right?

To me, our loss today is insufferable, and sooner or later someone will have to hop on the accountability express...an express that I thought was headed toward Chattanooga, but it's only a game right?

Grizomatic: Did you copy that from me after Central Washington? LOL.

I feel your pain, bro...but don't be too hard on your guys. They worked their @sses off and never gave up. Griz D was awesome. They only gave up 10 pts, when they could've given up 30.

I have to disagree with you about how the Griz should have thumped the Cats. The Cats played great on both sides of the ball yesterday and playing better every week. They found the heart they sorely lacked in the first half of the season, and the conference record shows it.

How 'bout we do it all over again in 2 weeks. How awesome would that be?

Bleedinbluengold,

Yep, the Griz D was pretty much on the mark Saturday, thanks, but that was about it. The Cat's worked their @sses off on BOTH SIDES of the ball. We occasionally played both sides of the ball, but not enough to really matter.

I though, going into the game, that our Griz would have the intensity and heart. I thought we wanted #17 more than we wanted another NC, and figured we would show up with the desire to play as though we did. That's what prompted me to say we should have thumped you guys, but in the end, the scoreboard proved me wrong.

Do it again in 2 weeks? ABSOLUTELY...GO GRIZ!!!

Grizomatic406 said:
Bleedinbluengold,

Yep, the Griz D was pretty much on the mark Saturday, thanks, but that was about it. The Cat's worked their @sses off on BOTH SIDES of the ball. We occasionally played both sides of the ball, but not enough to really matter.

I though, going into the game, that our Griz would have the intensity and heart. I thought we wanted #17 more than we wanted another NC, and figured we would show up with the desire to play as though we did. That's what prompted me to say we should have thumped you guys, but in the end, the scoreboard proved me wrong.

Do it again in 2 weeks? ABSOLUTELY...GO GRIZ!!!

I didn't expect to lose, but I didn't expect to kick ass either. Hell, we haven't really kicked ass since the Albany game in some ways. I hope our fans our better than Bozeman's. Bozeman was calling for Kramer's head earlier in the season. Even the Bozeman Chronicle was putting out negative articles on the man and the program.

Now all of the sudden the guy shit's gold. Our loss was bound to happen. I never had an over all confidence about the Griz all season. Well, ever since the N. Colorado game. Of course certain teams you knew we would beat, but I fealt if we were to lose to any four this year it would have been Portland, Idaho, E. Washington, or MSU. Of course I didn't think we would lose to all four, but I did think we would lose to ONE of them.

I had a gut feeling we would lose to E Washington the week before we played them (due to every game being a struggle since Portland). I was ready to accept a loss away from home to a fired up team. I had a feeling that would reignite the fire the Griz once had and needed just before the playoffs. After watching them lose to E. Washington I knew we would lose to MSU. I even stated it the week before the game to my parents.

We are (this season... due to injuries and God knows what else) the equivalent to Ali. The Greatest... kicking everyones ass in his prime, but then this season was our version of his being in the early 80s. Not the same team.

I love the Griz. I feel they'll be MUCH better next year. Infact I'm going to make a bold statement. They'll win the Sky.

This season they just rolled over and died. I expect no better a performace from them on Saturday, though I'd love to be proven wrong.

Go Griz in 2003!

LivGriz said:
Shakermaker: take two Prozac and 80mg. of Lithium and contact us in the morning.

Hmmm, a faker possibly? The Griz lost their last two, but you just decided to jump on the board and talk football. 11 posts?

By the way, 80 mg of Lithium would kill a person.

Speaking of not showing up, I know the feeling. As GSU has lost some games the past few seasons they shouldn't have. They go in over confident, thinking, we're GSU, they can't beat us. Then the other teams comes in fired up.

It's hard to take each game seriously, this MAY have been the case last weekend. I would think after a loss, it wouldn't happen again.

Your defense did well, giving up only 10 points. I'm not sure where Johnny Montana was saturday, but he wasn't mentally in the game, based on stats.

Back