• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Max or Root

grizare#1

Well-known member
So does anyone know the contact who knows what Max Media plans to do for the rest of the season. Can't believe they forgot about the Baseball playoffs and conflicts that would arise from this. My question is will the rest of the games listed on Max be on Max or who the hell knows!!!. This needs to be considered come next season when drawing up contracts unless they have a binding contract for the next few years.
 
first11 said:
Yup, pretty poor...amateur of max media


Let me try to 'splain it to you. Max has contracts with networks (abc/fox) that requires them to carry significant (maybe not to you) national events (nascar chase/alcs). Schedule for Montana football for the most part set months ago, schedule for the ALCS set a couple days ago...so you see there isn't a whole lot Max could do to plan for this. They didn't know any sooner than we did.

I thought they did a good job getting it on Root on short notice....I thoroughly enjoyed viewing it in HD. Remember a short time ago when KPAX moved it to the CW network in low def on some occaisions....I'll take our viewing situation over a couple short years ago any day. :thumb:
 
havgrizfan said:
Griz' next two games are on Root. The next Max game is Nov. 2. I think any conflicts should be gone by then.
The CP game is on Max. In fact, the rest are on Max except EWU & MSU
 
Mr. Greenjeans said:
first11 said:
Yup, pretty poor...amateur of max media


Let me try to 'splain it to you. Max has contracts with networks (abc/fox) that requires them to carry significant (maybe not to you) national events (nascar chase/alcs). Schedule for Montana football for the most part set months ago, schedule for the ALCS set a couple days ago...so you see there isn't a whole lot Max could do to plan for this. They didn't know any sooner than we did.

I thought they did a good job getting it on Root on short notice....I thoroughly enjoyed viewing it in HD. Remember a short time ago when KPAX moved it to the CW network in low def on some occaisions....I'll take our viewing situation over a couple short years ago any day. :thumb:
 
Max Media is a joke. MTN was way WAY better. That clown Byers is always messing things up. That corny intro music has gotta go...
 
first11 said:
Mr. Greenjeans said:
first11 said:
Yup, pretty poor...amateur of max media


Let me try to 'splain it to you. Max has contracts with networks (abc/fox) that requires them to carry significant (maybe not to you) national events (nascar chase/alcs). Schedule for Montana football for the most part set months ago, schedule for the ALCS set a couple days ago...so you see there isn't a whole lot Max could do to plan for this. They didn't know any sooner than we did.

I thought they did a good job getting it on Root on short notice....I thoroughly enjoyed viewing it in HD. Remember a short time ago when KPAX moved it to the CW network in low def on some occaisions....I'll take our viewing situation over a couple short years ago any day. :thumb:

Thanks for dumbing it down..I am so grateful
 
I personally would take KPAX back, all they needed was better equipment and someone that could follow the ball. Did not care as much who was calling the game as I just turned the radio on and listened Mick and Scott. At least there was no question about getting games. Max Media does not do any better personally in calling games than most of the KPAX crew except Hermy.
 
NLGrizFan said:
Max Media is a joke. MTN was way WAY better. That clown Byers is always messing things up. That corny intro music has gotta go...

Get back to your KPAX job!
 
first11 said:
Yup, pretty poor...amateur of max media

What's even more amateur is broadcasting on the channels late news a day and a half before the game that the game has been moved from max media and would be "seen on ROOT", when in fact it was not seen on ROOT, it was actually moved to ROOTHD (a different channel).

Many of us were expecting to get the game, like we always have when the game was on ROOT, but were angered when 5:00p rolled around and we didn't get the game on ROOT because it was actually aired on ROOTHD--a channel we didn't have. Which would have been fine, but max media led us to believe that the game was on ROOT, and it wasn't. :oops: An amatuer and miss-leading move by the newscast.
 
U of M Griz game‏

From: [email protected]) This sender is in your contact list.
Sent: Tue 10/15/13 4:20 PM
To:xxxxxxxx.com

Just wanted to let you know that the MLB playoffs are on FOX this weekend so we are switching the Griz game to ABC.



Just keeping you in the loop!



Thanks and have a great day!

Account Executive

KTMF-TV ABC Missoula

P: 406.542.8900
 
IntuitiveGriz said:
first11 said:
Yup, pretty poor...amateur of max media

What's even more amateur is broadcasting on the channels late news a day and a half before the game that the game has been moved from max media and would be "seen on ROOT", when in fact it was not seen on ROOT, it was actually moved to ROOTHD (a different channel).

Many of us were expecting to get the game, like we always have when the game was on ROOT, but were angered when 5:00p rolled around and we didn't get the game on ROOT because it was actually aired on ROOTHD--a channel we didn't have. Which would have been fine, but max media led us to believe that the game was on ROOT, and it wasn't. :oops: An amatuer and miss-leading move by the newscast.

Good point, I don't have HD at home so I went to my favorite watering hole to watch it with fellow fans so I didn't realize that.

Curious why that would make a difference, I imagine their viewing numbers here would be greater here for Griz vs whatever else was on. Maybe being a Seattle based outfit ROOt assumes most viewers have HD access, it wouldn't have been that hard for Max to share with viewers. :?

Hopefully you were able to head downtown and catch the game.
 
Bear Axed said:
U of M Griz game‏

From: [email protected]) This sender is in your contact list.
Sent: Tue 10/15/13 4:20 PM
To:xxxxxxxx.com

Just wanted to let you know that the MLB playoffs are on FOX this weekend so we are switching the Griz game to ABC.



Just keeping you in the loop!



Thanks and have a great day!

Account Executive

KTMF-TV ABC Missoula

P: 406.542.8900

Evidently said account executive didn't know about their agreement with ABC and exclusivity about broadcasting the Nascar chase... the "account executive" is most likely a secretary making 10 bucks an hour. Not really that surprising, we're not a huge media market.
 
first11 said:
first11 said:
Mr. Greenjeans said:
first11 said:
Yup, pretty poor...amateur of max media


Let me try to 'splain it to you. Max has contracts with networks (abc/fox) that requires them to carry significant (maybe not to you) national events (nascar chase/alcs). Schedule for Montana football for the most part set months ago, schedule for the ALCS set a couple days ago...so you see there isn't a whole lot Max could do to plan for this. They didn't know any sooner than we did.

I thought they did a good job getting it on Root on short notice....I thoroughly enjoyed viewing it in HD. Remember a short time ago when KPAX moved it to the CW network in low def on some occaisions....I'll take our viewing situation over a couple short years ago any day. :thumb:

Thanks for dumbing it down..I am so grateful

Apologies if you took it that way... these TV deals for sports programing are byzantine for sure. If you look at why they broadcast certain NFL games here it's hard to figure. Geographically one would assume the most interest would be in the Seahawks and Broncos. Yet several years ago when Favre had his good run with the Vikings they were on nearly every week (I'm a Vikings fan so I noticed). Denver and Seattle just happened to be in a down year. This year both teams are up and we get most of their games. I don't think the big boy NFL networks care about our viewing market enough to actually research what we watch. We don't really matter on a national scale to them. It is what it is...hope you got to see the Griz roll UCD :thumb:
 
Dillon said:
NLGrizFan said:
Max Media is a joke. MTN was way WAY better. That clown Byers is always messing things up. That corny intro music has gotta go...

Get back to your KPAX job!
I'd take KPAX/Q2 over Max any day of the week. Since when do the Griz play Arizona State? Oh that's right, oops, Appalachian State. To bad they didn't catch that during the game. Or how bout this one. "UM defeats North Dakota State!" :roll: Nice way to screw things up Max Media.
 
So, I check my Dish TV schedule this morning and lo and behold....they have the Griz/Cal-Poly game scheduled for both ABC and Fox. Does anyone have the straight skinny on which channel will be broadcasting the game? Thanks in advance.
 
632BEER said:
So, I check my Dish TV schedule this morning and lo and behold....they have the Griz/Cal-Poly game scheduled for both ABC and Fox. Does anyone have the straight skinny on which channel will be broadcasting the game? Thanks in advance.

I've been told ABC since the fox channel would conflict with MLB playoffs
 
Back
Top