• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Max Media camera work???

66volvo

Holy crap. I'm still recovering from that dizzying attempt at televising the game. Surely they can do better than the shaky camera/zoom-in,zoom-out/ lets get a shot at the grass for a while and then whiz over the crowd camera work. A twelve year old could have done better. It would help if the camera folks understood the game and zoomed out to scan the whole field at the beginning of the down and stopped zooming in to see the receiver's eyes on each pass play. Felt like I needed to take a Dramamine tablet to counter the nausea. C'mon Max. Give us some more professional camera work.

66volvo said:
Holy crap. I'm still recovering from that dizzying attempt at televising the game. Surely they can do better than the shaky camera/zoom-in,zoom-out/ lets get a shot at the grass for a while and then whiz over the crowd camera work. A twelve year old could have done better. It would help if the camera folks understood the game and zoomed out to scan the whole field at the beginning of the down and stopped zooming in to see the receiver's eyes on each pass play. Felt like I needed to take a Dramamine tablet to counter the nausea. C'mon Max. Give us some more professional camera work.

Compared to old KPAX broadcasts, I thought I witnessed an ESPN broadcast last night. Certainly not close to perfect, but it has been much worse...

Really could have done without non-stop MSU ads during the whole game. Don't think I saw ANY UM ads.... MSU that desperate to impress UM fans?

Video quality is so much better then what KPAX could provide, note even close although the grass shots during a play sucked. I will take the video quality any day over commentary, I can turn the sound off.
But I do thank KPAX for all the years we did have televised games when we would not have!!!

Did Fox Sports have their own cameras there? Because I didn't notice any of that (nor the MSU commercials) during the Fox broadcast...

Tokyogriz said:
Really could have done without non-stop MSU ads during the whole game. Don't think I saw ANY UM ads.... MSU that desperate to impress UM fans?

Or maybe MSU has a functioning brain in their marketing dept. Unlike UM

MrTitleist said:
Tokyogriz said:

Or maybe MSU has a functioning brain in their marketing dept. Unlike UM

Yup. Money talks

The camera work was not great but the production was solidly amateur. The PBP guy was lost most of the time ( he twice called "illegal procedure" as "off-sides"). The on-screen down and distance was wrong most of the time. They were late back from commercials causing missed plays. I could go on but that's plenty.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. All that was still better than listening to "Big Game Bob Hermes"...

Grisly Fan said:
The camera work was not great but the production was solidly amateur. The PBP guy was lost most of the time ( he twice called "illegal procedure" as "off-sides"). The on-screen down and distance was wrong most of the time. They were late back from commercials causing missed plays. I could go on but that's plenty.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. All that was still better than listening to "Big Game Bob Hermes"...
They should forget the down and distance; it was wrong every time; usually two plays late.

The cameras following the ball in the air on kick offs made me dizzy! I wanted to see Counts blow up some wedges, but never got a glimpse. Anything is better than KPAX coverage though.

Max Media sucks a fat one. Damn near made me sick. Plus they released a story of the game yesterday claiming we beat the Bison. MTN was so much better. At least they knew who was playing. Chris Beyers called Appalachian State Arizona State. How do you funk that up? And he claims that he has been watching FCS football for many years. Right. Can't forget about that thrilling intro to start the broadcast. It reminds me of Super Nintendo game or some shit. Max Media is a joke.

Damn you guys are rough! haha, i know it wasnt the best but in all reality im just happy i get to watch the games when our boys are out of town. I dont know if most FCS teams have every game on TV, but im happy we at least have that! It could be better, but it could be a HELL of a lot worse also.

I watched the game on bigskytv and they showed the midco sports network feed. The game broadcast was AWESOME!

Yukon said:
I watched the game on bigskytv and they showed the midco sports network feed. The game broadcast was AWESOME!

Agreed! I was originally pissed because I couldn't watch on the tube, but other than an occasional signal glitch, the Big Sky relay of MIDCO was really good.

Did anyone watch the Sac St game? I don't think they have upgraded their camera equipment in 25 years!

Camera work was bad. I'm willing to bet those weren't Max Media's guys working the game. More likely interns and locals.

Did anyone notice how many times the Bleskin Motors commercial ran during the Griz game? "Bleskin Motors is a proud sponsor of this Montana Grizzly football telecast". Haha :lol:

Was it great? No. But I'll take poor camera work over no TV coverage at all any day of the week and twice on Saturday.

Latest posts

Back