• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Marc Mariani

84GRIZ

DONOR
I am guessing that the Titans might be wishing that they did not put Marc on IR after their current returner took a safety to start the game.

They should have just put him on PUP. Then he would be available starting week 7.

Totally off topic, but GAWD I hope when his career in the NFL is over (hopefully in the distant future) he returns to Missoula as a receivers coach! I think he'd make a dam good coach!

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Totally off topic, but GAWD I hope when his career in the NFL is over (hopefully in the distant future) he returns to Missoula as a receivers coach! I think he'd make a dam good coach!
Better daaaaa-ble check yourself...not gonna happen.

bigtyme said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Better daaaaa-ble check yourself...not gonna happen.

Why do you say that?

A player can not be placed on PUP if they participate in any training camp...so MM was not eligible for the PUP list.

grizindabox said:
A player can not be placed on PUP if they participate in any training camp...so MM was not eligible for the PUP list.

That makes more sense now that they put him on IR. I didn't know that caveat to PUP.

goatcreekgriz said:
IR is better than getting cut.
How do you figure that, at least if he had got cut he would have the chance to play for someone else this year. Titans totally screwed MM over imo.

JayLarson said:
goatcreekgriz said:
How do you figure that, at least if he had got cut he would have the chance to play for someone else this year. Titans totally screwed MM over imo.
That's my thinking too. Perhaps there is something about this I don't understand, but....

'68griz said:
JayLarson said:
goatcreekgriz said:
That's my thinking too. Perhaps there is something about this I don't understand, but....

Doesn't he get paid in full (or at least half salary) for the year on IR? If he was released (which I'm not sure they could do without compensation anyway), he wouldn't be able to play until he got healed, and he'd still have to find a team who would sign him and keep him on the team. At least on IR, he's still associated with a team, can use their facilities, trainers and medical staff, and will be fully healed from both injuries by next spring. All he's lost is the ability or potential to play part of the season. Hilliard is in the same position, I believe.

"Mariani will receive his salary of $575,000 while rehabbing the injury." The linked article has some good info.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130831/SPORTS01/308310073/Tennessee-Titans-place-Marc-Mariani-injured-reserve" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobaloo said:
I noticed that Moore is listed on IR for the Colts but I thought he was put on IR then waived.

More than like was put on IR but then the colts bought him out for a determined amount of money.

mtgrizzly said:
bobaloo said:
I noticed that Moore is listed on IR for the Colts but I thought he was put on IR then waived.

More than like was put on IR but then the colts bought him out for a determined amount of money.

Yes, I believe Moore received an injury settlement from the colts.

So if he heals up before season ends could he possible hook up with another team or is he stuck on the colts IR for the season as they have paid him for the season.

bobaloo said:
So if he heals up before season ends could he possible hook up with another team or is he stuck on the colts IR for the season as they have paid him for the season.

He (Moore) has been released. I believe if he heals and can pass a physical he could hook up with another team.

Back