• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Marc Mariani Greatest Griz WR ever?

Darksim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz_opg3JR3M

My all time favorite player. Every time we needed a touchdown this guys came through. I'm so excited to see him doing well with his recoup. I honestly think if he gets the chance he could be a hall of famer someday.

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk 4

I honestly don't know...I really liked Joe Douglass !! I wouldn't want to pick one over the other. Fans tend to go with recent memory. They were both ball busters for the scats...just ask their SORRY a$$es. :egriz:

rimrockgriz said:
I honestly don't know...I really liked Joe Douglass !! I wouldn't want to pick one over the other. Fans tend to go with recent memory. They were both ball busters for the scats...just ask their SORRY a$$es. :egriz:

Joe Douglass would be my pick as a Cat Fan as well.

rimrockgriz said:
couldn't go one post without a cat reference. weak. joe douglas by a length.

Darksim said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz_opg3JR3M

My all time favorite player. Every time we needed a touchdown this guys came through. I'm so excited to see him doing well with his recoup. I honestly think if he gets the chance he could be a hall of famer someday.

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk 4

Careful with your hard on for Mariani. A great player indeed, but Douglass was the best receiver by a substantial margin.

Dillon said:
If we are going pound for pound then it would have to be Matt Wells!

I have a Matt Wells jersey and absolutely love everything the guy did! Loved this quote about meeting his freshman roommate, maybe some have heard of him, Dave Dickenson:

"I said to myself, 'This guy's a bookworm. He's not a quarterback.' And I'm sure he said to himself, 'This guy's a horse jockey. He's not a wide receiver.' "

I'll take Mariani over Douglas. Can you imagine what Marc would of done with the Air Read offense and Dave and Ah Yat throwing to him?

Speaking of, when's the next installment of where are they now?

I'd say he's somewhere in the top 5.

He probably would be the greatest for those who really started following the Griz within the last decade though for sure.

It's too bad football doesn't have something along the lines of WAR/VORP. Marc's value from 2008 and 2009 would of been through the roof...

...it would have been chambers...
...had he been here long enough...
...big time player short time here...

... :cool: ...

BWahlberg said:

He probably would be the greatest for those who really started following the Griz within the last decade though for sure.
Yeah well im only 23, and i've only been a religious griz fan for the past 7-8 years. And you cant get footage of the old days generally.

I've been an agnostic Griz fan for 27 years and Mariani is top 5 in my book. Joe D was a beast. Wells was solid.

Darksim said:
BWahlberg said:

Yeah well im only 23, and i've only been a religious griz fan for the past 7-8 years. And you cant get footage of the old days generally.
Youtube has some pre-Mariani videos. Not a lot, but a few. I found one from 1997 a few days ago, and a Griz/scat to boot!!

Here are five damn good receivers:

Douglass
Mariani
Ferris
Earhardt
Wells

Would you replace anybody on this list with a different player?

Some options:

Rice
Trevathan
Sambrano
Segars
Pacheco
Baker
Cockhill
Hancock

Back