• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Manziel/Quinn

GrizPony

It was reported that Manziel received $7,500 for One (1) signing event and had at least four such events. Quinn admitted to receiving less than $7,500 for his "job" at an OK car dealership. Manziel is suspended for two quarters, JD was kicked off the OK team and out of OK as a student. He was then suspended for 6 games after transferring to UM. Does this seem consistent? :roll:

GrizPony said:
It was reported that Manziel received $7,500 for One (1) signing event and had at least four such events. Quinn admitted to receiving less than $7,500 for his "job" at an OK car dealership. Manziel is suspended for two quarters, JD was kicked off the OK team and out of OK as a student. He was then suspended for 6 games after transferring to UM. Does this seem consistent? :roll:

Or, Kemp (supposedly) received legal services worth $1500 and a one-week loan of several hundred dollars, missed 8 (?) games his senior year year, and UM forfeited 5 games from his junior season. There were good explanations for each of the things involved Kemp. Manziel apparently lied about receiving payment. Kemp told the truth. I suspect that Manziel received alot more than $7500.

The ncaa is a total joke.

GrizPony said:

I certainly don't defend Johnny Football, but please see bold above to shed light on the possible difference.

Biggest differences between Manziel and everyone else listed can be best summed up as such:
Manziel denied ever receiving a payment, while everyone else admitted to it and/or there was a paper trail (i.e. check) while there was no paper trail for Manziel. Essentially Texas A&M threw the NCAA a bone by agreeing to sit Manziel for a half under the violation that Manziel signed autographs for an individual(s) knowing they would be sold at a later date. A much lesser offense than taking money for said autographs.

The lesson, boys and girls, is to always take cash and deny, deny, deny!

GrizBacker04 said:
Biggest differences between Manziel and everyone else listed can be best summed up as such:
Manziel denied ever receiving a payment, while everyone else admitted to it and/or there was a paper trail (i.e. check) while there was no paper trail for Manziel. Essentially Texas A&M threw the NCAA a bone by agreeing to sit Manziel for a half under the violation that Manziel signed autographs for an individual(s) knowing they would be sold at a later date. A much lesser offense than taking money for said autographs.

.....................End of thread

GrizBacker04 said:

Yep....

F*** the NCAA.
Why do they care if a kid makes money off his skills???

It's a dog eat dog world. Take it when you can get it.

NCAA is a joke! All this is going to change when the Big Boy Conferences tell em to "kick rocks...we got it from here!" Hypocritical bunch of greedy fat cats grabbing all they can. The conference commissioners want nothing to do with em either. Meanwhile Miami going on 3+ yrs now?

start paying these guys like you should and these problems will go away. for the most part I suppose. after all johnny football was already a millionaire and he was still stupid enough to get wrapped up in this! but seriously...these guys should be paid.

ilovethecats said:
start paying these guys like you should and these problems will go away. for the most part I suppose. after all johnny football was already a millionaire and he was still stupid enough to get wrapped up in this! but seriously...these guys should be paid.

Either stupid, or smart enough to know that he'd probably get away with it. The ncaa is afraid of Manziel and wanted this issue to go away as much as Texas AM and Manziel did.

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:

Either stupid, or smart enough to know that he'd probably get away with it. The ncaa is afraid of Manziel and wanted this issue to go away as much as Texas AM and Manziel did.
can't argue with you there PR.

Because Ohio State is my favorite big time team...

BSzhkE3IUAEc9KH.jpg

Back