• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Maine vs. Montana in the future?

A

Anonymous

Would any of you like to see a home and home series in the future between the Black Bears and Grizzlies?

NOT A CHANCE!! Who the hell is Maine???? Are they even one of the 50 states anymore? The Griz need to schedule Division I-A schools not no name schools. I am sick of the Griz being a big fish in a small pond. Let's go chase Marshall and Boise and Reno!! GO GRIZ!!

Welcome to the Jungle of the GRIZ!! :roll:

MaineJeff,

I think the majority of us realize that Maine is a tough 1-AA opponent.

Very few of us want to see the jump from 1-AA to 1-A. Just not in the school or programs best interest.

I for one would like to see us play more games against teams from the far reaches of our Division. Might help us prepare for what lies ahead in the playoffs.

P.S. I have a brother who goes to school in Bowdoin, so a trip to Maine might be nice.

Thanks for coming by!

GRIZZZZZZLED, Get a clue, Maine is a top 5 1AA team. Yes, it would be nice for the Griz to play Maine. Better than playing division II team, and Albany. And why would you want to play Nevada - Reno. The team sucks. Boise State will never come to Missoula so why would you want to play them. Same goes for Marshall.

I think it would be great to have a home & home series against Maine. As well as other top teams in I-AA.

TrueGriz said:
And why would you want to play Nevada - Reno. The team sucks. Boise State will never come to Missoula so why would you want to play them. Same goes for Marshall.

Once upon a time Reno was a good school. Sad that, yet another reason for the Griz to stay at the IAA level. And Boise, the High School squared university, the last time they played in Washington Grizzly Stadium they got trampled (yeah, I know there a different program now).

A home and home against Maine would be a good series, Maine was a playoff team last year and seems to be developing a good program.

I could care less if the Griz ever played Nevada Reno but I don't think they are as bad a team as mentioned in previous posts. This year they have a 2-1 record, the one loss coming at the hands of 18th ranked Washington St. and one of the wins was against BYU, a respectable football school. I think if the Griz had UNR on their schedule this year it would be a real tough game.

I agree with those of you who say it would be a great series. In talking with my friends about this, we pretty much agree that the top 5 home and home series (I-AA schools) that we would like to see Maine schedule are:

1. Montana
2. Georgia Southern
3. McNeese State
4. Appalachian State
5. Furman

Maine and Montana will hook up for the first time ever in any sport this season when the Lady Griz travel to Orono to play in the Maine women's hoop tourney.

Latest posts

Back