• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Loser of the Brawl out?

live4dagriz

Consider:

SUU wins out and NAU wins today.

That puts EWU in with auto and:

NAU 8-3, 6-2
SUU 9-3, 6-2

And going into the Brawl:

MSU 7-4, 5-2
Griz 9-2, 5-2

If this plays out, the loser of next weeks game will have 3 BSC loses and finish no better than 5th in the conference.

A cats loss likely puts them out for sure but could a Griz loss keep them out simply because the committee won't take 5 BSC teams?

Those in the know...is it better for the Griz if the Cats win today?

The only loser of the brawl that would be out would be the cats if they lose. But only if they lose today too. If they win today but lose the brawl then they are probably still in as are the griz

As much as it pains me, the best scenario is MSU coming back to win and then getting killed by the Griz next week, would give us a better SRS and position.

So lets say for arguments sake that the Griz lose next week, who gets left home between:

NAU 8-3, 6-2
SUU 9-3, 6-2
MSU 8-4, 6-2
Griz 9-3, 5-3

live4dagriz said:
So lets say for arguments sake that the Griz lose next week, who gets left home between:

NAU 8-3, 6-2
SUU 9-3, 6-2
MSU 8-4, 6-2
Griz 9-3, 5-3

Still trying to figure out why 5 BSC teams could not make it?

grizindabox said:
live4dagriz said:

NAU 8-3, 6-2
SUU 9-3, 6-2
MSU 8-4, 6-2
Griz 9-3, 5-3

Maybe they could, that's what I'm asking.

Did they ever take 5 from the CAA during their heyday from 4-8 years ago? Plus with expanded field now maybe it will happen.

Grizfan97007 said:
SUU has NAU I think so it is safe to say I don't think they will win out.

Really? Why? They are putting a hurting on the "#8" team in the country tonight and they get NAU at home.

live4dagriz said:
Grizfan97007 said:

Really? Why? They are putting a hurting on the "#8" team in the country tonight and they get NAU at home.

Good thing is one of them will have 4 losses.

jodcon said:
live4dagriz said:
Grizfan97007 said:

Because in my opinion NAU is a better team than the Cats. You can read that how you want but that is how I feel. I know it may seem stupid but I don't think they can stay with NAU

jodcon said:
live4dagriz said:
Grizfan97007 said:

Only the cats, who will have just beaten the griz.

(In my hypothetical, doomsday scenario)

Grizfan97007 said:
jodcon said:
live4dagriz said:
Grizfan97007 said:

Because in my opinion NAU is a better team than the Cats. You can read that how you want but that is how I feel. I know it may seem stupid but I don't think they can stay with NAU

You may be right but NAU struggled with Poly, South Dakota, and Sac St. so they've hardly been rolling.

live4dagriz said:
grizindabox said:
live4dagriz said:

NAU 8-3, 6-2
SUU 9-3, 6-2
MSU 8-4, 6-2
Griz 9-3, 5-3

Maybe they could, that's what I'm asking.

Did they ever take 5 from the CAA during their heyday from 4-8 years ago? Plus with expanded field now maybe it will happen.

Yes CAA put 4 in and maybe 5 one of those years.

live4dagriz said:
Grizfan97007 said:
jodcon said:
live4dagriz said:

You may be right but NAU struggled with Poly, South Dakota, and Sac St. so they've hardly been rolling.
You are right. But I am just going by the few games I have actually watched them play including the Griz. SUU will have a good chance but I don't see them winning

live4dagriz said:
Grizfan97007 said:
jodcon said:
live4dagriz said:

Yes but you could substitute Montana with NAU in that sentence.

putter said:
live4dagriz said:
Grizfan97007 said:
jodcon said:

That is exactly my point about the parity at top of the BSC. After EWU, the next four are all pretty even and could end up with very similar resumes.

putter said:
live4dagriz said:
Grizfan97007 said:
jodcon said:

Yea that is true both teams had trouble with all those teams

I think the whole 'Griz are guaranteed' is a little over optimistic. There are any number of scenarios where the Griz don't get in. One of them is SUU wins out and the Griz lose next week.

The Griz are probably in, but it aint' over till it's over.

Back