• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Link to Highlights?

Kodiak

Well-known member
I see nothing on gogirz.com.....is there anything out there? Didn't get to watch this week. Thanks!
 
No highlights for this or the last game because Gogriz.com sucks. When the bookstore had their site (montanagrizzles.com it was so much better). Sweet highlights every game, a few hours after the game was over. Damn Learfield Sports is terrible. We should really demand more of the University. :bs:
 
Unfortunately there's a good and bad with the roll-over of video interns at the athletic dept. The last two years we had Jerek Wolcott who works for ISU now. Most games he'd have highlights up and ready the same day. His all-access videos were great.

This year, I'm not sure who has taken it over but there's a lot of stuff I really like, the videos that come out have a much more personal feel to them, they're unique, and have probably the highest "quality" appearance to them. The issue, it seems, is that they usually don't come out until the day before or the day of the next game.
 
BWahlberg said:
Unfortunately there's a good and bad with the roll-over of video interns at the athletic dept. The last two years we had Jerek Wolcott who works for ISU now. Most games he'd have highlights up and ready the same day. His all-access videos were great.

This year, I'm not sure who has taken it over but there's a lot of stuff I really like, the videos that come out have a much more personal feel to them, they're unique, and have probably the highest "quality" appearance to them. The issue, it seems, is that they usually don't come out until the day before or the day of the next game.
It's cool to see some different shots that this crew shoots of the team, but not for a whole segment, maybe if it was done for a whole season package. However they did not do a regular game highlight package for the Sac st. game and it takes way too for the highlights to come out. This presents problems for our fans that live out of the area, who want to see some action. While they may not have had their own HD cameras, just working with the sd t.v highlights go look at some classic Griz highlights from 2008 or 2009 and those are awesome. Crowd noise, Mick Holien, big plays, all put out fast and furious.
 
As Brint said, there's a major tradeoff going on. First, the season is being documented on video in a way it NEVER EVER HAS before. There are some amazing videos being done, but, from game-to-game, not all are true game highlight videos, and unless I'm blind, it seems they didn't bother to make anything from the EWU game. That disappoints me because while it was a loss, there was likely some awesome footage from that day. So I agree, not having true highlight videos up right after the game kind of stinks, BUT, the videos they are putting out are quality stuff and I'm guessing, geared towards recruiting, which isn't a bad thing at all. The App videos, the Cal Poly videos, the UC Davis videos, the PSU video, some of the sidebar stuff they've done, those are certainly going to appeal to some recruits. They get me fired up and make me wish I was good at football when I was younger.
 
+1 to havgrizfan and BW

One thing gogriz.com has improved on since last year is having a better mix of camera angles/zoom. In the past, the Griz highlights were always just the KPAX tv feed. Which was great for a zoomed out, get-the-whole-analysis of the play aspect. But they could also lack the emotion and action of the close-up shot. The last year or so, the vids were exactly the opposite. Almost always it was sideline level, zoomed in only on the player with the ball and a viewer couldn't really get a sense of difference in speed, competition, or just how big of a play it was (did it go for 10 yards or 50 sort of thing). This year (for the most part), they have done a good job of mixing both those styles.


Oh, here's the link to the page with USD's highlights. WARNING: just like Sac State's, these are not highlights of the entire game, only South Dakota highlights.

http://www.goyotes.com/sports/m-footbl/sdak-m-footbl-body.html
 
I disagree entirely on the new videos. They are useless. The sepia sideline video???? Who needs that? It is like they outsourced to the high school media courses in town. I never understand how someone doesn't reach out to a digital media student from the U to run normal tv-style highlight reels.

It is a joke and this program is wayyyy too well known to not have weekly highlights. It hurts the players that aim to make it to the next level.
 
BJenks9 said:
I disagree entirely on the new videos. They are useless. The sepia sideline video???? Who needs that? It is like they outsourced to the high school media courses in town. I never understand how someone doesn't reach out to a digital media student from the U to run normal tv-style highlight reels.

It is a joke and this program is wayyyy too well known to not have weekly highlights. It hurts the players that aim to make it to the next level.
I don't know what is more of a joke, the 1-3 spelling errors on each Griz football player's bio write-ups on the team roster on GoGriz or the lack of weekly highlights.
 
Grizzaholic said:
I don't know what is more of a joke, the 1-3 spelling errors on each Griz football player's bio write-ups on the team roster on GoGriz or the lack of weekly highlights.

:lol: I remember earlier this year being a little embarrassed when the GoGriz team misspelled "redemption" in one of the on-screen sub-titles for the weekly press conference video. :oops:
 
Back
Top