• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

life lessons

citygriz

--there's more to life than griz basketball! (give me a day and i'll come up with it);

--never take a 12-year old nephew from new york to a montana-syracuse game unless you're ready to face some brutal comments:
"montana is intimidated;"
"the big sky must not be a very good conference;"
"you need help from above. but i'm afraid not even that would help."
"hey! you broke 30!"

--never be happy when a cbs analyst predicts a montana victory in the big dance. i was up cheering when seth davis said we'd beat syracuse, but we paid for that prediction. syracuse did not forget.

--so its back to football. back to alpha world, where the horizons don't extend much beyond bozeman to the east, and cheney to the west. back to the hicks and sticks and third-rate facilities of the big sky conference, to sub-division schools that are always smaller than we are, that we can scratch our balls and belch and fart and brag that we beat up like nerds at recess, casue we're from montana, and we're not and never will be good enough to play at a higher level.

apologies to the weber basketball program. one classy shining exception to the entire big sky conference.

citay said:
--there's more to life than griz basketball! (give me a day and i'll come up with it);

--never take a 12-year old nephew from new york to a montana-syracuse game unless you're ready to face some brutal comments:
"hey! you broke 30!"

--never be happy when a cbs analyst predicts a montana victory in the big dance. i was up cheering when seth davis said we'd beat syracuse, but we paid for that prediction. syracuse did not forget.

--so its back to football. back to alpha world, where the horizons don't extend much beyond bozeman to the east, and cheney to the west. back to the hicks and sticks and third-rate facilities of the big sky conference, to sub-division schools that are always smaller than we are, that we can scratch our balls and belch and fart and brag that we beat up like nerds at recess, casue we're from montana, and we're not and never will be good enough to play at a higher level.

apologies to the weber basketball program. one classy shining exception to the entire big sky conference.

Umm, weren't we 5-6 last year? You must have liked last nights' score, cuz with what you're callin' for, we would be getting every weekend in the BCS. Just sayin'. Now take it to the football forum. :thumb:

SeaGrizluvr said:
citay said:

"hey! you broke 30!"

Umm, weren't we 5-6 last year? You must have liked last nights' score, cuz with what you're callin' for, we would be getting every weekend in the BCS. Just sayin'. Now take it to the football forum. :thumb:

He is just saying the one sport we do play in the highest division, we have a long way to go. He is also pointing out the harsh reality, it is back to football season until next year at tournament time. Between the lines, he is saying, the Big Sky conference really drags us down in basketball. Sounds like someone tired of the reality of what is the Big Sky in the world of NCAA athletics. I happen to agree with him . :thumb:

Back