• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

LG @ Sac State

DoubleNicks

Hornets coming off a 34 point beat-down of MSU...

23-17 LG 12:31 in the first

bigskytv not working...

Is Hill hurt? Haven't seen her play yet.

Doran and Feller both playing early.

34-31 Hornets 2:57 in first

I have no idea why teams don't trap the ladies more. They are terrible when facing it, and are too timid with the ball and the dribble. I think sometimes Robin makes them play too conservative, and not to make mistakes. Granted, when it works it is super successful, but often, it isn't great against teams with superior athletes.

36-40 at half isn't terrible considering mostly back-up players are in.

I think sometimes Robin makes them play too conservative
Agreed, this game has the feel of "we already have first place secured, now let's avoid injury and get backups some playing time".

Hopefully, this game doesn't cost them dearly in the seeding department in they are fortunate enough to make the NCAAs.

And I agree that certain players panic with pressure, but think the combination of Hill, De Boer, and Smith usually don't have too much problem breaking a BSC team's press.

DoubleNicks said:
36-40 at half isn't terrible considering mostly back-up players are in.

I think sometimes Robin makes them play too conservative
Agreed, this game has the feel of "we already have first place secured, now let's avoid injury and get backups some playing time".

Hopefully, this game doesn't cost them dearly in the seeding department in they are fortunate enough to make the NCAAs.

And I agree that certain players panic with pressure, but think the combination of Hill, De Boer, and Smith usually don't have too much problem breaking a BSC team's press.
Gotcha - makes sense that we'd just be seeing backups when we have home-court for the tourney locked up. That's probably what's going on.

DoubleNicks said:
TrueGriz said:
DoubleNicks said:
Is Hill hurt? Haven't seen her play yet.

Doran and Feller both playing early.

34-31 Hornets 2:57 in first
Hill has injured shoulder
If lady griz had to win this game to host I believe she would have played. It was in the missoulian and it didn't seem to serious. I hope it wasn't anyway. A week off should help.

It would also help if we got to shoot a friggin free throw. Zero attempts in the 1st half to their 8.

Well, don't get me wrong...the starters (Baker, De Boer, Smith, Sullivan, and Cole) have played a lot too. We just hardly ever see Feller, Doran, and even Hurley much in a first half. Selvig and Rickman have played plenty too.

Back