• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lets set a new Wa Griz noise record vs EWU

BWahlberg

DONOR
OK Griz Nation. I'm coming to you once again for your help. This weekend, on EWU's first possession of the game I'd like the crowd to show just how loud they can get. (Quite frankly it would be great if we could do it all day long).

While there's no "official" number that I'm aware of an ESPN article listed a high of 108.5.

I believe that the crowd in the OT portion of the CPSLO game was even louder. It's time to duplicate that noise. EDIT: UPDATE - the UM also has something in the works to help promote this, I'll post word soon!

AlphaGriz1 will be in the north endzone and will measure the decibels and report it back here after the game.

So here's what I ask you:

1. Show up to the game ready to go insane on EWU's first possession

2. Like and share this Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/432632230176067/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3. Copy and forward this email to all of your Griz fan friends:

---------
Hello,

This weekend as the Griz play the Eastern Washington Eagles we're going to try to break the previously recorded noise record at Washington Grizzly Stadium, which is 108.5 decibels. Please forward this email to every Griz fan you know! On the Eagles first possession of the game, go insane, stand up, scream, clap your hands, make as much noise as possible! There will be people in the stands measuring the noise level and it will be reported back on egriz.com after the game.

Thanks for your support, and Go Griz!

Sincerely,

Brint Wahlberg
-------------------------------

I will be there screaming my ass off. Won't be able to talk until next Tuesday. Go Griz!!!

One thing to add to Brint's post, we need to get the roar going before the Eagles get to the LOS. And let it build. We were hoping to get the school involved in the marketing of this but they didn't have much for a response, so let's as Griz fans, do it all ourselves!

havgrizfan said:
One thing to add to Brint's post, we need to get the roar going before the Eagles get to the LOS. And let it build. We were hoping to get the school involved in the marketing of this but they didn't have much for a response, so let's as Griz fans, do it all ourselves!

Why is that? What scares the UM so much about encouraging the crowd to get loud during the game?
They must not want us to miss the ads.

We'll be there North End, possibly somewhere near Alpha's gadgetry. I'm not speaking aloud this week to save my voice so texts only please.

big75, the response I got from them was "As always, we'll do our part to help the crowd during the game." That's fine and good. My hope was, they would help market the idea throughout the week, but they were non-responsive about that idea. I even gave them a title "Start The Roar". Oh well, Brint and Chris, as always, will get the word out.

This will be the first game I've made it to this year. Has the pre-game and in-game experience changed much? From what I'm reading, it doesn't sound like it. Same stale music, same stupid sandwich eating contests.
Should I get my hopes up?

To many people seem to go only to be seen nowadays. The lady across the aisle reported me to the security guy cause I was "yelling at the other team". He told her "yes, it's called being a fan" turned and rolled his eyes as he walked away. Unfortunately I seem to be surrounded by people just like her

Someone should post this on bulletin boards at the local nursing home. Last week I was twice told "down in front" and shamed by a blue hair.
Never the less, I'll do my best this week. Anything for my buddy Alpha.

I will be in the North Endzone making some noise and you will know my name is 1Griz_Fan when you hear me yell; You can do it Griz, knock Vernon Adams fu**king helmet off along with don't be a pu$$!y and kick any field goals, just go for it on every 4th down.

Go Griz Nation, let's set this new noise record!!!

OT possession for Cal Poly should be the benchmark for EWU, it was pretty frickin loud even at midfield, NEZ must have been deafening.

Just shared it with 6,000+ fans on the Montana Grizzlies Football Fans Facebook page! Let's make this happen! :thumb:

IzzyGriz said:
The Twinkie crowd (section 107) will be all over this assignment

Had season tix in this section last year... was told "please sit down, I can't see" by a blue hair in the 7th row... on the 3rd play of Cat-Griz! WTF?
We will only break this fictional record if the grandparents stay home.

Thanks for the rapid replies, the event is gaining ground on facebook and twitter now as well!

Back