• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lets break the attendance record for Eastern games at Albi

SpokaneGriz

Here is an excerpt from Q6 in Spokane..........

Governor's Cup Set For Saturday

SPOKANE, WA, Nov. 14 - Eastern Washington University and top-ranked Montana square off Saturday at Joe Albi Stadium for the Rockwood Clinic Governor's Cup.

Kickoff is set for 2:05pm. Thousands of Montana fans are expected to make the trip to watch the big game. A large crowd is expected to be on hand, perhaps even challenging Eastern's home game record of 15, 678 set two years ago against the Grizzlies. Besides making it's bid for a winning season, the Eagles will attempt to stop Montana's bid to break the NCAA Division 1-AA record for consecutive victories. The Grizzlies have 24 straight wins. As a team, The Eagles need just 146 yards to equal the school record of 3,295 set in 1994.

I don't think 146 yards for the Eagles will get it done.

I'm not sure the Eagles know that we'll be bringing the future Payton and Buchanan Award winners with us.

With Johnny Montana and company, and our fans, our streak should be safe. I can't wait! GO GRIZ!!!

Chris, E-Griz, any truth to the rumor that WSU used to play home games at Joe Albi Stadium years ago. If so, how long back and why did they?
Doesn't the stadium seat like 30,000 or so? I understand their was a huge effort by the Bretts' to start a large recreation area around Joe Albi including soccer and softball fields but the initiative did not pass in Spokane. Doesn't suprise me with the lack of interest and the fickle sports fans in Spokane.

The stadium seats a little over 22,000. I hope the majority are GRIZ fans!! I'll bet we can find a place to party even if they won't let us tailgate in their parking lot!! :) The weather looks great for football! Come on over to West Missoula for the game -- just like home field! See y'all tomorrow! :wink: Go GRIZ

Tailgating is allowed and Montana will have a big one. You can't miss it. Following the game the Griz faithful will be hitting the Swinging Door saloon. See ya there!

Looks like they took out some seats below the beer garden or was I just a little too intoxicated and drowning my sorrows from the game?

SpokaneGriz said:
Looks like they took out some seats below the beer garden or was I just a little too intoxicated and drowning my sorrows from the game?

Broken record only because of Montana fans. As far as intoxication. I don't think you were solo on that one.

Back