• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Latest Uniform Combo

pussycatkillerz

DONOR
BAD ASS...
d78e72767188db17b4098e607095f529.jpg

Last years top w/black pants and new matte helmets.

Yeah, but they're just recycling uniforms from years past to throw more combinations into the mix (which is fine, I guess). The only thing new that we have seen so far this year are the maroon matte helmets and maroon jerseys from the App game. Not exactly a uniform "rebranding" effort.

pussycatkillerz said:
BAD ASS...
d78e72767188db17b4098e607095f529.jpg

Last years top w/black pants and new matte helmets.

I too like this combo a lot (and I'm one of those people who'd prefer NO black - :? ).

ORsurfer said:
Yeah, but they're just recycling uniforms from years past to throw more combinations into the mix (which is fine, I guess). The only thing new that we have seen so far this year are the maroon matte helmets and maroon jerseys from the App game. Not exactly a uniform "rebranding" effort.

Fashion Police Alert! ;)

I honestly thought that was one of the worst looking uniform/helmet combinations I've ever seen the Griz wear. The maroon needs to match if they're going to be wearing their old uni's. Silver pants would have looked quite a bit better than the black pants IMO

I actually think the tops of the last three seasons go much better with the black pant then those silver ones they wore with them. Those pants were the one piece of the Griz' uniform I did not like. But I do agree with Oredigger, the Matte didn't match the old tops. I'm actually starting to wonder if the Griz got a true NEW uniform sets this season. Old road unis for the first road game and old unis last Saturday. Maybe the unis for the Appy game were ONLY for that game. Guess we'll see what they wear when they play Portland State.

Grizzly Oredigger said:
I honestly thought that was one of the worst looking uniform/helmet combinations I've ever seen the Griz wear. The maroon needs to match if they're going to be wearing their old uni's. Silver pants would have looked quite a bit better than the black pants IMO
Yep... and not the grease rag silver pants either. I understand the "white-out" on the road... SO much easier for JJ, or whomever is slinging the rock, to find receivers.

Grizmayor said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:
Yep... and not the grease rag silver pants either. I understand the "white-out" on the road... SO much easier for JJ, or whomever is slinging the rock, to find receivers.
Yeah if they ever try to wear those grease rag "wet their pants" pants again then I'll...well, I don't know what I'd do, just complain I guess haha

Grizmayor said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:

...could this make up for a weak arm?

Raider said:
Grizmayor said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:

...could this make up for a weak arm?

Maybe, but he's still too short to see them anyway. Right mayor?

I think the new look is still a "classic" look. We're not going the Oregon route and getting real flashy or anything. I think Montana should always stick with a more "classic" look, but should also continue to modify the unis to appeal to recruits :twocents:

Well I guess the uniform deciders at UM didn't realize they had a bunch of "Fashion Police" alumni/fans and thought they could dup us into believing the team got new uni's by mixing and matching the last 7 years sets. :-?

This week will be new maroon matte helmets, last year's white tops, and 4 years ago maroon pants (none of which match).

I liked the all white,,,besides all white makes you look bigger, better for the intimidation factor when we are on the road..ha!

The white unis worn in ND were the best looking unis they have worn in three years. I don't think the maroon jerseys are even our dedicated maroon color. They look too dark. The band's unis, which have plenty of black on them, look better then the maroon jerseys.

I'm with Zoo on this. Those were classy unis. But hey.....just win and I will tolerate the ugly unis. :thumb:

grizfan47 said:
The white unis worn in ND were the best looking unis they have worn in three years. I don't think the maroon jerseys are even our dedicated maroon color. They look too dark. The band's unis, which have plenty of black on them, look better then the maroon jerseys.

I'm with Zoo on this. Those were classy unis. But hey.....just win and I will tolerate the ugly unis. :thumb:

I like the all maroon look, and would love to see a maroon helmet with a silver paw on each side, not on the back.

Back