• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Last Quarter Century BigSky Conf. Success Comparison

pussycatkillerz

Well-known member
DONOR
95b491fee27e0da23cbd9b583f8cf0b4.jpg


Some thoughts:

-Our total record vs all current BigSky opponents in the last quarter century is 172-30 (.851)

-32 playoff victories in 25 years...MSU's got 3....
UM has had more natty appearances than MsU has had playoff victories...

-11 trips to the Semis...Eastern 3...every other team zero

-Eastern is by far the most successful BigSky team of the last quarter century behind Montana.

-In 25 seasons UM has racked up an FCS record 266 wins. 102 more than it best competition Eastern & 120 more than MSU.

-I find it interesting that NAU and Weber have had identical success.

-Included App & S Dakota for shits.
App is bad ass...mad respect

Every once in a while it might be a good idea to kick back and realize how unbelievably, unrealistically good we Griz fans have it...

This powerhouse program will survive one bad season.
 
Good stuff even though most griz fans don't need to be told again how dominant we are. Interesting to see how No Dak owns us. They're the only team in the BSC to not have a loosing record against us. They're scary good. I also think some people don't relize how different are success would have been if Boise and Nevada never left. I hated playin on that damned smurf turf. I don't believe we ever won there
 
You guys used to be damn good.

Now, any interest in coming up with a more current spreadsheet showing say... The past three years? That would be much more relevant if you're trying the guess how you might do over the next few years. Or if you're just trying to relive the good old days and remember how good you used to be, then these numbers work fine for that.
 
poorgriz said:
You guys used to be damn good.

Now, any interest in coming up with a more current spreadsheet showing say... The past three years? That would be much more relevant if you're trying the guess how you might do over the next few years. Or if you're just trying to relive the good old days and remember how good you used to be, then these numbers work fine for that.
For one thing the last three years is no way to judge a history of success. Also it's not that we are getting worse, the other teams are finnaly beginning to catch up with us some. Last year was an anomaly. This year we are gonna be back on top
 
poorgriz said:
You guys used to be damn good.

Now, any interest in coming up with a more current spreadsheet showing say... The past three years? That would be much more relevant if you're trying the guess how you might do over the next few years. Or if you're just trying to relive the good old days and remember how good you used to be, then these numbers work fine for that.

We are talking about how amazing it has been for the Griz to have continued success for an extended period of time, say 25 years.

Even with the bobcats being so amazing over the past 3 years they still haven't done crap when it matters. Keep it up for even another 7 years and we will talk.
 
poorgriz said:
You guys used to be damn good.

Now, any interest in coming up with a more current spreadsheet showing say... The past three years? That would be much more relevant if you're trying the guess how you might do over the next few years. Or if you're just trying to relive the good old days and remember how good you used to be, then these numbers work fine for that.
Lets see. A 7-4 campaign, and the semi-finals. In the history of Bobcat football those would rank as B and A+ seasons...

The Griz won't have another run like we did. No-one in FCS will; there's just too much parity anymore. But it's pretty crazy to think we won't be an elite program. There's just too much of an inherit advantage with facilities, support, money, etc. over the Valpairasos, Northern Colorados and Southeast Louisianas of the world
 
Brock Landers said:
poorgriz said:
You guys used to be damn good.

Now, any interest in coming up with a more current spreadsheet showing say... The past three years? That would be much more relevant if you're trying the guess how you might do over the next few years. Or if you're just trying to relive the good old days and remember how good you used to be, then these numbers work fine for that.
Lets see. A 7-4 campaign, and the semi-finals. In the history of Bobcat football those would rank as B and A+ seasons...

The Griz won't have another run like we did. No-one in FCS will; there's just too much parity anymore. But it's pretty crazy to think we won't be an elite program. There's just too much of an inherit advantage with facilities, support, money, etc. over the Valpairasos, Northern Colorados and Southeast Louisianas of the world

MSU is catching up with the inherent advantage thing. Having said that - they still don't know how to win when it counts and their fans are just dense. Rude awakening for them this year and deep down I think they know it. Griz sucked it up last year period. I do believe it was anomaly. Kind of the like the cants 3 years of success. One convenient thing they overlook. What was going on the last three years with the Griz coaches? Pflu's second year we pummeled them. The other two we had brand new coaches. Sad if they couldn't beat us convincingly, which they did not do any year. I hated BH, but what would have happened if be would have stayed? Very bad for the kittens. Very bad - just like the train headed their way this year.
 
Copper Griz said:
Brock Landers said:
poorgriz said:
You guys used to be damn good.

Now, any interest in coming up with a more current spreadsheet showing say... The past three years? That would be much more relevant if you're trying the guess how you might do over the next few years. Or if you're just trying to relive the good old days and remember how good you used to be, then these numbers work fine for that.
Lets see. A 7-4 campaign, and the semi-finals. In the history of Bobcat football those would rank as B and A+ seasons...

The Griz won't have another run like we did. No-one in FCS will; there's just too much parity anymore. But it's pretty crazy to think we won't be an elite program. There's just too much of an inherit advantage with facilities, support, money, etc. over the Valpairasos, Northern Colorados and Southeast Louisianas of the world

MSU is catching up with the inherent advantage thing. Having said that - they still don't know how to win when it counts and their fans are just dense. Rude awakening for them this year and deep down I think they know it. Griz sucked it up last year period. I do believe it was anomaly. Kind of the like the cants 3 years of success. One convenient thing they overlook. What was going on the last three years with the Griz coaches? Pflu's second year we pummeled them. The other two we had brand new coaches. Sad if they couldn't beat us convincingly, which they did not do any year. I hated BH, but what would have happened if be would have stayed? Very bad for the kittens. Very bad - just like the train headed their way this year.

MSU has caught up and is now surpassing. I have heard the new weight room expansion going on right now is going to be awesome. Turf/Expansion/Lights/Concessions/New tailgate lots and landscaping/Weight Room ... the MSU brand is going STRONG right now. :thumb:
 
just out of curiosity, why the last 25 years? no doubt the griz were just plain dominant over that stretch. only an idiot or a dude trying to stir the pot would say otherwise. but seeing as this thread almost immediately went to a comparison of the cats and griz....what do the numbers look like since we were both playing 1-aa ball or whatever it was called when we were both finally playing the same level?

does that stack up better for the cats or is it about the same as the last 25 years?
 
Copper, the Cats are going to have a good year. They are loaded on offense and defense and have built great depth for the future despite your delusions. On the other hand, you guys had an amazing run in the past. But, that is all history now. Going forward you should have an excellent season this year but then you guys lose a lot of the best talent. Next year you have a drop off and with the loss of four schollies for the next four years your depth will really suffer. With the parity growing stronger every year in the conference the Griz will be just another team fighting for the top.
 
WILD_CAT said:
Copper Griz said:
Brock Landers said:
poorgriz said:
You guys used to be damn good.

Now, any interest in coming up with a more current spreadsheet showing say... The past three years? That would be much more relevant if you're trying the guess how you might do over the next few years. Or if you're just trying to relive the good old days and remember how good you used to be, then these numbers work fine for that.
Lets see. A 7-4 campaign, and the semi-finals. In the history of Bobcat football those would rank as B and A+ seasons...

The Griz won't have another run like we did. No-one in FCS will; there's just too much parity anymore. But it's pretty crazy to think we won't be an elite program. There's just too much of an inherit advantage with facilities, support, money, etc. over the Valpairasos, Northern Colorados and Southeast Louisianas of the world

MSU is catching up with the inherent advantage thing. Having said that - they still don't know how to win when it counts and their fans are just dense. Rude awakening for them this year and deep down I think they know it. Griz sucked it up last year period. I do believe it was anomaly. Kind of the like the cants 3 years of success. One convenient thing they overlook. What was going on the last three years with the Griz coaches? Pflu's second year we pummeled them. The other two we had brand new coaches. Sad if they couldn't beat us convincingly, which they did not do any year. I hated BH, but what would have happened if be would have stayed? Very bad for the kittens. Very bad - just like the train headed their way this year.

MSU has caught up and is now surpassing. I have heard the new weight room expansion going on right now is going to be awesome. Turf/Expansion/Lights/Concessions/New tailgate lots and landscaping/Weight Room ... the MSU brand is going STRONG right now. :thumb:
Wait, you're "surpassing" us because you're finally getting around to shit like NOT having a mud pit tailgate area? :lol:

Oh, Cat arrogance is starting to reach Griz arrogance levels. Sad :lol:
 
ilovethecats said:
just out of curiosity, why the last 25 years? no doubt the griz were just plain dominant over that stretch. only an idiot or a dude trying to stir the pot would say otherwise. but seeing as this thread almost immediately went to a comparison of the cats and griz....what do the numbers look like since we were both playing 1-aa ball or whatever it was called when we were both finally playing the same level?

does that stack up better for the cats or is it about the same as the last 25 years?
70-36-5. Not sure if that is what you're looking for...
 
Brock Landers said:
WILD_CAT said:
Copper Griz said:
Brock Landers said:
Lets see. A 7-4 campaign, and the semi-finals. In the history of Bobcat football those would rank as B and A+ seasons...

The Griz won't have another run like we did. No-one in FCS will; there's just too much parity anymore. But it's pretty crazy to think we won't be an elite program. There's just too much of an inherit advantage with facilities, support, money, etc. over the Valpairasos, Northern Colorados and Southeast Louisianas of the world

MSU is catching up with the inherent advantage thing. Having said that - they still don't know how to win when it counts and their fans are just dense. Rude awakening for them this year and deep down I think they know it. Griz sucked it up last year period. I do believe it was anomaly. Kind of the like the cants 3 years of success. One convenient thing they overlook. What was going on the last three years with the Griz coaches? Pflu's second year we pummeled them. The other two we had brand new coaches. Sad if they couldn't beat us convincingly, which they did not do any year. I hated BH, but what would have happened if be would have stayed? Very bad for the kittens. Very bad - just like the train headed their way this year.

MSU has caught up and is now surpassing. I have heard the new weight room expansion going on right now is going to be awesome. Turf/Expansion/Lights/Concessions/New tailgate lots and landscaping/Weight Room ... the MSU brand is going STRONG right now. :thumb:
Wait, you're "surpassing" us because you're finally getting around to shit like NOT having a mud pit tailgate area? :lol:

Oh, Cat arrogance is starting to reach Griz arrogance levels. Sad :lol:

You were never at some mud pit tailgates in the past ... A blast (women mud wrestling)! Much better than the hoards of bandwagon corporate tailgates at UM where you pay to get a corporate hot dog :) I love those pics when they show the main tailgating around UM. Looks like a fair where everyone is standing in line for a deep fat fried snickers bar :) 5-6 corporate food stations. The tailgating isn't even close :)

HAHAHAH Is it football season yet? :) Everyone is getting amped up. It's going to be a great year.

P.S - I assume the Griz got their 'tailgate' area paved first because it was part of the city :)
 
pussycatkillerz said:
95b491fee27e0da23cbd9b583f8cf0b4.jpg


Some thoughts:

-Our total record vs all current BigSky opponents in the last quarter century is 172-30 (.851)

-32 playoff victories in 25 years...MSU's got 3....
UM has had more natty appearances than MsU has had playoff victories...

-11 trips to the Semis...Eastern 3...every other team zero

-Eastern is by far the most successful BigSky team of the last quarter century behind Montana.

-In 25 seasons UM has racked up an FCS record 266 wins. 102 more than it best competition Eastern & 120 more than MSU.

-I find it interesting that NAU and Weber have had identical success.

-Included App & S Dakota for shits.
App is bad ass...mad respect

Every once in a while it might be a good idea to kick back and realize how unbelievably, unrealistically good we Griz fans have it...

This powerhouse program will survive one bad season.

Look at what a cheating/dirty program did for smu in their hayday. Now that the NCAA exposed you as cheats, none of this is relevant!!
 
poorgriz said:
You guys used to be damn good.

Now, any interest in coming up with a more current spreadsheet showing say... The past three years? That would be much more relevant if you're trying the guess how you might do over the next few years. Or if you're just trying to relive the good old days and remember how good you used to be, then these numbers work fine for that.

MSU has been good the past 3 years, but the Griz still have one more semifinal appearance than MSU does in that time frame, and playoff success is what really matters...
 
pussycatkillerz said:
95b491fee27e0da23cbd9b583f8cf0b4.jpg


Some thoughts:

-Our total record vs all current BigSky opponents in the last quarter century is 172-30 (.851)

-32 playoff victories in 25 years...MSU's got 3....
UM has had more natty appearances than MsU has had playoff victories...

-11 trips to the Semis...Eastern 3...every other team zero

-Eastern is by far the most successful BigSky team of the last quarter century behind Montana.

-In 25 seasons UM has racked up an FCS record 266 wins. 102 more than it best competition Eastern & 120 more than MSU.

-I find it interesting that NAU and Weber have had identical success.

-Included App & S Dakota for shits.
App is bad ass...mad respect

Every once in a while it might be a good idea to kick back and realize how unbelievably, unrealistically good we Griz fans have it...

This powerhouse program will survive one bad season.

Pretty sweet chart...love em or hate em, you have to be impressed by the Griz success and dominance the past 25 years.

Hopefully EWU can continue to make steady gains towards the type of success the Griz have had...
 
marceagfan5 said:
poorgriz said:
You guys used to be damn good.

Now, any interest in coming up with a more current spreadsheet showing say... The past three years? That would be much more relevant if you're trying the guess how you might do over the next few years. Or if you're just trying to relive the good old days and remember how good you used to be, then these numbers work fine for that.

MSU has been good the past 3 years, but the Griz still have one more semifinal appearance than MSU does in that time frame, and playoff success is what really matters...

I agree, pretty impressive run there by UM. Don't forget to put * by all the games though as we don't know if players were actually eligible or not ;)
 
marceagfan5 said:
poorgriz said:
You guys used to be damn good.

Now, any interest in coming up with a more current spreadsheet showing say... The past three years? That would be much more relevant if you're trying the guess how you might do over the next few years. Or if you're just trying to relive the good old days and remember how good you used to be, then these numbers work fine for that.

MSU has been good the past 3 years, but the Griz still have one more semifinal appearance than MSU does in that time frame, and playoff success is what really matters...
But they have mud wrestling in their non-bandwagon cow pastur... I mean tailgates!

You'll have to forgive WILD_CAT. When you are ritualistically owned by your rivals for most of your lifetime, the mind has to defend itself with these delusions.
 
Success? I looked again at the Griz postseason record book. Of the 51 playoff games the Griz have played since 1982, a grand total of 3 were won on the road or at a neutral site. That's 3 wins in 15 games. The Griz have 35 home playoff games and 2 national championships. Congratulations on your amazing dominance.
 
Back
Top