• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

LadyGriz Lady Griz Recruiting: 2024+

Did Lady Griz offer?
Yes:

“She had offers from Montana, Boise State and Eastern Washington, and visited UM and Boise as well as BYU. She made her official visit to the Provo, Utah, campus last weekend.”

Wow. someone got an offer. Damn. Don't hear that every day. Most 'Group of Five' teams usually offer twenty to thirty a year, it seems: first come first served, if you like.

That still means that we go into next years' campaign with ten players plus one walk-on; doesn't look auspicious. If we have the same number of injuries as last year the LG would almost have to forfeit the season; down to six players plus a walk-on. I hear you have to have seven players on the team per match to comply with the NCAA Regulations concerning such circumstances.

Now that the 'Portal' is closed does that mean the LG are not recruiting the Class of 2024 anymore, besides?

'Cause I know of a couple names for the Class of 2024 that haven't committed as yet, for all I know, which may not be much, but, not naming names, they are rated three-stars, at least. And no information over the Internet says otherwise.

Last edited:
Wow. someone got an offer. Damn. Don't hear that every day. Most 'Group of Five' teams usually offer twenty to thirty a year, it seems: first come first served, if you like.

That still means that we go into next years' campaign with ten players plus one walk-on; doesn't look auspicious. If we have the same number of injuries as last year the LG would almost have to forfeit the season; down to six players plus a walk-on. I hear you have to have seven players on the team per match to comply with the NCAA Regulations concerning such circumstances.

Now that the 'Portal' is closed does that mean the LG are not recruiting the Class of 2024 anymore, besides?

'Cause I know of a couple names for the Class of 2024 that haven't committed as yet, for all I know, which may not be much, but, not naming names, they are rated three-stars, at least. And no information over the Internet says otherwise.
Interested to learn about these 3 star 24s still looking for D1 offers.

If there are 24s still waiting for D1 offers at this juncture they are playing a dangerous game. They should consider any of the lower level offers they currently have at take 1. The portal is and always will be the first option most D1 coaches will choose from.

Well, I wouldn't necessarily say for certain, though I know one still of the Class of 2024 that has had offers but as yet has not committed; at least I haven't heard of such so far. Another may be due to politics. Don't know.
If the 'Portal' these days 'is and always will be the first option most D1 coaches will choose from,' which is quite an extreme approach after but one year of it being available, I guess most high school kids then, unless they're four and/or five star rated, I guess the majority of such others that aren't 4 or 5 star rated will have to go Division II and then hit the 'Portal' to get to the level their talents can aspire to. The ones that were only rated three star and/or less, that is.

Coaching isn't still just sitting on the bench taking credit for what someone does, is it? Mode the players within a system and notice talents and emphasize those and turn weaknesses into strengths. Oh well, you've already closed down 71 colleges and universities the last twenty or so years already. I mean, who needs colleges and universities these days, anyways.

Latest posts

Back