• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz Big Sky Champs

Congrats to the ladies and coach selvig. I dunno how he does it every year with that stone age offense. I want to be surprised, but I'm expecting the ladies to win the conference tourney, then get smoked in the ncaa's. I would love to be surprised though.

MAJOR kudos to the Ladies, Bo, and all the coaching staff. WIn that tourney in Dahlberg and make some noise in the NCAA's! :clap: :thumb:

Hasn't it been like four (4) years since we've hosted? Hard to believe its been that long. I truly believe the Lady's are the best team in the BSC and will play that way in the tourney.

Also...I just noticed that if SUU wins Saturday they'll be the #7 seed and will face (drumroll) UNCo in the first round! SUU beat them twice already (the Lady Griz are their biggest fans I'm sure). It would be nice to see the #2 seed go down in the tourney, but then again, this tourney could be wide open and the lady griz will have to play well

Does anyone know when the last year was when the kittys actually got a Big Sky Title in basketball or football that did not have the tag,Co-Champion, attached to it?

cannonball said:
Does anyone know when the last year was when the kittys actually got a Big Sky Title in basketball or football that did not have the tag,Co-Champion, attached to it?

Are you trying to give me a headache? :ugeek:

That's going to take brain-power, dude. Lots and lots of brain-power.

cannonball said:

For men's basketball it was 2001-2 with a 12-2 conference record, but 4th place Griz won tourney. In 1995-6, the Cats won regular season and tourney. Lost to Syracuse that year in NCAA which was last time they were in tourney.

For football, just a guess but probably the 1984 team? Think thats the one that won the NCAA championship that year.

For women's basketball, I have no idea. (edit) Okay I found some standings on ESPN. In 2002-3 the Lady Cats won Big Sky with 11-3 record. Strangely though they have Lady Griz at 11-4...so that must be a typo of some sort. (2nd edit) Found their games played record. ESPN credits Lady Griz with a conference win over MSU-Billings. Obviously wrong....so the ladies that year were 10-4, and Bobcats topped them with 11-3.

Latest posts

Back