• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kurt Paulson

Mslacat

I tuned in to Egriz to see what you guys thought of your new assistant Kurt Paulson and was very surprised to see nothing about it. Looks like the city of Whitefish will be well represented at MSU and UM this coming year with MSU bring on board Luke Fennelly as a graduate Assistant last Friday.

Mslacat said:
Looks like the city of Whitefish will be well represented at MSU and UM this coming year...

Maybe, since he's from that area, he can put in a good word for Robin Selvig's team when it comes to Cassidy Hashley from out of Kalispell Glacier. But then again, I don't even know whether the LG coaching staff has even considered offering her a scholarship or not. She's seemingly a fairly decent bb player and is 6'1." She'll be a hs senior next year. I think her father played for the MSU Bobcats, though. If not mistaken, he may have originally been out of Big Sandy. Damn good player, Doug Hashley, as I recall.

Mslacat said:
I tuned in to Egriz to see what you guys thought of your new assistant Kurt Paulson and was very surprised to see nothing about it. Looks like the city of Whitefish will be well represented at MSU and UM this coming year with MSU bring on board Luke Fennelly as a graduate Assistant last Friday.

My obvious response is that Paulson is a known quantity to Tinkle since he was a grad assistant at UM. So Wayne knows who he is getting and Tinkle makes good hires. My very limited time around Paulson left me with the impression of a guy with high energy and loads of enthusiasm.
Welcome back, Kurt!

I agree with MAS (and mcat, thanks for starting the thread). My contact with Kurt has been limited also, but I have been very impressed. I know he and Wayne seemed to have a good relationship. Welcome back to the Nation, Kurt!!

He will be a great addition. Glad to have him back on board. Extremely hard worker during his playing days and has a great attitude when it comes to coaching.

Kurt has been our head coach for the boys and the AD for the last two years. Excellent coach and very likable human being, he will be sorely missed in Bigfork. Congratulations Kurt, Go Griz.

grizindabox said:
oday4gov said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he was in Whitefish, not Whitehall.

Coaching in Bigfork, grew up in Great Falls, dad coached at CMR
Kurt did go to high school in Whitefish. I seen him play a couple times, hell of a PG. He had a really good career at Carroll too. If I recall right. he was in the top 5 in the nation in assists his jr and sr years.
His dad was (maybe still is??) the commissioner of the Frontier Conference.
I like this hire. Good job Tinks. :thumb:

Back