• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Keeping it all in perspective.

B_Kross

Well-known member
First, congrats to EWU, you were the better team today, and Vernon Adams is an absolute beast of a QB. You earned this.

Secondly, well, I know I say I'd prefer ugly win over a pretty loss, and I still do. But give some credit to the boys, they never gave up and made it a game in the last few minutes. As for our coaching...less said about that the better. My hope is that they finally realize we have a receiving corps that can put on yards and points if need be, and also, perhaps try a running play that's not a sweep to the right side. If they thought "Well we beat Cal Poly last week, so it should work this week", well obviously they were wrong.

I don't fault Delaney for the FG attempt, had we gotten it would have been a one score game, and if they went for it on 4th and didn't convert, you'd be screaming "Why didn't you let Worst kick?!". As for Worst...that really should have gone through. I seriously consider the need to recruit a new kicker next season if this continues.

Bottom line, painful loss but the Griz did not give up. We have four more games to go, Sac State is coming up next and they'll be sniffing blood in the water. Let's suck it up and push forward.

And my advice for the trolls, the fact that they can only derive pleasure from mocking us on an internet message board implies that they have nothing better to do with their lives. Just imagine that.

Go Griz
 
EWU

VA go fuck yourself hope you get a broken leg at some point for the bullshit you talked and acted in this game.

EWU is the better team however and flat out outplayed and outcoached UM.
 
Tokyogriz said:
EWU

VA go f*** yourself hope you get a broken leg at some point for the bullshit you talked and acted in this game.

EWU is the better team however and flat out outplayed and outcoached UM.
Keep it classy, I'm sure no Griz players talked any shit...
 
Screamin_Eagle174 said:
Tokyogriz said:
EWU

VA go f*** yourself hope you get a broken leg at some point for the bullshit you talked and acted in this game.

EWU is the better team however and flat out outplayed and outcoached UM.
Keep it classy, I'm sure no Griz players talked any shit...

You have to admit he does need to tone it down a little, he's got the talent he needs to have the demeanor to go with it.
 
jodcon said:
Screamin_Eagle174 said:
Tokyogriz said:
EWU

VA go f*** yourself hope you get a broken leg at some point for the bullshit you talked and acted in this game.

EWU is the better team however and flat out outplayed and outcoached UM.
Keep it classy, I'm sure no Griz players talked any shit...

You have to admit he does need to tone it down a little, he's got the talent he needs to have the demeanor to go with it.


No doubt. When the commentators are even making note of how demonstrative you are, there might be some issues to address. He not linebacker, he's the QB for God's sake.
 
B_Kross said:
First, congrats to EWU, you were the better team today, and Vernon Adams is an absolute beast of a QB. You earned this.

Secondly, well, I know I say I'd prefer ugly win over a pretty loss, and I still do. But give some credit to the boys, they never gave up and made it a game in the last few minutes. As for our coaching...less said about that the better. My hope is that they finally realize we have a receiving corps that can put on yards and points if need be, and also, perhaps try a running play that's not a sweep to the right side. If they thought "Well we beat Cal Poly last week, so it should work this week", well obviously they were wrong.

I don't fault Delaney for the FG attempt, had we gotten it would have been a one score game, and if they went for it on 4th and didn't convert, you'd be screaming "Why didn't you let Worst kick?!". As for Worst...that really should have gone through. I seriously consider the need to recruit a new kicker next season if this continues.

Bottom line, painful loss but the Griz did not give up. We have four more games to go, Sac State is coming up next and they'll be sniffing blood in the water. Let's suck it up and push forward.

And my advice for the trolls, the fact that they can only derive pleasure from mocking us on an internet message board implies that they have nothing better to do with their lives. Just imagine that.

Go Griz

:clap: Great Post. Also, as bad as it was, we were only a couple plays away from a completely different game. Not saying we win, but a different game. We hand them the ball in our own end for a TD. And then we get a TD nullified. Those two plays go our way it's a different game. Team is more fired up - possible slowing their momentum, etc.

We have to win out.
 
CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
Screamin_Eagle174 said:
Tokyogriz said:
EWU

VA go f*** yourself hope you get a broken leg at some point for the bullshit you talked and acted in this game.

EWU is the better team however and flat out outplayed and outcoached UM.
Keep it classy, I'm sure no Griz players talked any shit...

You have to admit he does need to tone it down a little, he's got the talent he needs to have the demeanor to go with it.


No doubt. When the commentators are even making note of how demonstrative you are, there might be some issues to address. He not linebacker, he's the QB for God's sake.

Sooner or later there will be a reckoning - he'll get his. Guys like that always do.
 
grizeyes said:
CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
Screamin_Eagle174 said:
Keep it classy, I'm sure no Griz players talked any shit...

You have to admit he does need to tone it down a little, he's got the talent he needs to have the demeanor to go with it.


No doubt. When the commentators are even making note of how demonstrative you are, there might be some issues to address. He not linebacker, he's the QB for God's sake.

Sooner or later there will be a reckoning - he'll get his. Guys like that always do.
Just like today, when Griz players were talking shit to him...
 
grizeyes said:
CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
Screamin_Eagle174 said:
Keep it classy, I'm sure no Griz players talked any shit...

You have to admit he does need to tone it down a little, he's got the talent he needs to have the demeanor to go with it.


No doubt. When the commentators are even making note of how demonstrative you are, there might be some issues to address. He not linebacker, he's the QB for God's sake.

Sooner or later there will be a reckoning - he'll get his. Guys like that always do.
Generally true, actually (spoken from a perspective deep in geezer-hood). And if he has any ambitions to play at the next level -- and I'll bet he does -- he's done himself no favors.
 
If we had lost by 20+ (like it looked like we would) I'd be furious right now. But instead of rolling over dead like, say, the Cats, they fought to the end, and lost a great game to a great team. I won't have any trouble sleeping tonight.
 
IdaGriz01 said:
grizeyes said:
CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
You have to admit he does need to tone it down a little, he's got the talent he needs to have the demeanor to go with it.


No doubt. When the commentators are even making note of how demonstrative you are, there might be some issues to address. He not linebacker, he's the QB for God's sake.

Sooner or later there will be a reckoning - he'll get his. Guys like that always do.
Generally true, actually (spoken from a perspective deep in geezer-hood). And if he has any ambitions to play at the next level -- and I'll bet he does -- he's done himself no favors.

Exactly. NFL scouts look at character pretty closely, especially for a QB. Probably a net negative on the day in that regard.
 
B_Kross said:
First, congrats to EWU, you were the better team today, and Vernon Adams is an absolute beast of a QB. You earned this.

Secondly, well, I know I say I'd prefer ugly win over a pretty loss, and I still do. But give some credit to the boys, they never gave up and made it a game in the last few minutes. As for our coaching...less said about that the better. My hope is that they finally realize we have a receiving corps that can put on yards and points if need be, and also, perhaps try a running play that's not a sweep to the right side. If they thought "Well we beat Cal Poly last week, so it should work this week", well obviously they were wrong.

I don't fault Delaney for the FG attempt, had we gotten it would have been a one score game, and if they went for it on 4th and didn't convert, you'd be screaming "Why didn't you let Worst kick?!". As for Worst...that really should have gone through. I seriously consider the need to recruit a new kicker next season if this continues.

Bottom line, painful loss but the Griz did not give up. We have four more games to go, Sac State is coming up next and they'll be sniffing blood in the water. Let's suck it up and push forward.

And my advice for the trolls, the fact that they can only derive pleasure from mocking us on an internet message board implies that they have nothing better to do with their lives. Just imagine that.

Go Griz
If he makes the field goal we lose by 2??? Worst is a freshman...give him a chance. My problem with the field goal is last week Delaney said he was going for it on 4th down, playing to win...why not this week?
 
Brock Landers said:
If we had lost by 20+ (like it looked like we would) I'd be furious right now. But instead of rolling over dead like, say, the Cats, they fought to the end, and lost a great game to a great team. I won't have any trouble sleeping tonight.


+1

I was SICK when it was 42-17 and eastern had the ball.
I was about ready to make a post with the title "worst loss in WaGriz history"

Instead we made the #3 eags sweat big time.
Worst doesn't miss that field goal and who knows?

What heart shown in the 4th quarter.

I will sleep just fine tonight as well.
We could easily win out until MSU and have a good shot at that game.

This team could still have a hell of a run!
 
Tokyogriz said:
EWU

VA go f*** yourself hope you get a broken leg at some point for the bullshit you talked and acted in this game.

EWU is the better team however and flat out outplayed and outcoached UM.

His line should come kick the crap out of you for such an assinine comment. That is disgraceful to the Griz Players as well. Embarrassing.
 
As a Cat fan was pulling for you guys today. Only caught the end because I was the Cat game. Your team played a hell of a 4th qtr. You have nothing to be ashamed of. EWU is one tough team and VA is a great QB. You guys never gave up!
 
Brock Landers said:
If we had lost by 20+ (like it looked like we would) I'd be furious right now. But instead of rolling over dead like, say, the Cats, they fought to the end, and lost a great game to a great team. I won't have any trouble sleeping tonight.

You know, that's well said and pretty much where I am at right now.
 
Brock Landers said:
If we had lost by 20+ (like it looked like we would) I'd be furious right now. But instead of rolling over dead like, say, the Cats, they fought to the end, and lost a great game to a great team. I won't have any trouble sleeping tonight.

This for the most part.
 
pussycatkillerz said:
Brock Landers said:
If we had lost by 20+ (like it looked like we would) I'd be furious right now. But instead of rolling over dead like, say, the Cats, they fought to the end, and lost a great game to a great team. I won't have any trouble sleeping tonight.


+1

I was SICK when it was 42-17 and eastern had the ball.
I was about ready to make a post with the title "worst loss in WaGriz history"

Instead we made the #3 eags sweat big time.
Worst doesn't miss that field goal and who knows?

What heart shown in the 4th quarter.

I will sleep just fine tonight as well.
We could easily win out until MSU and have a good shot at that game.

This team could still have a hell of a run!

We weren't sweating... we called off the dogs, albeit way too early. Congrats to the Griz for continuing to fight. Please beat the Cats, just for good measure. ;)
 
Screamin_Eagle174 said:
We weren't sweating... we called off the dogs, albeit way too early. Congrats to the Griz for continuing to fight. Please beat the Cats, just for good measure. ;)

oh, bullshit. leastern threw the ball the whole game, even with their largest lead.
 
argh! said:
Screamin_Eagle174 said:
We weren't sweating... we called off the dogs, albeit way too early. Congrats to the Griz for continuing to fight. Please beat the Cats, just for good measure. ;)

oh, bullshit. leastern threw the ball the whole game, even with their largest lead.

Also bullshit that they weren't sweating. Kind of surprising that they didn't storm the field.
 
Back
Top