• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kavario Middleton

Ken Jones

Well-known member
Last year, Kavario Middleton had an opportunity with the Seattle Seahawks. He was released. So, he initiated a workout strategy to enhance his possible opportunities in NFL. Again, he wasn't drafted by a NFL team. If Middleton doesn't make a NFL scout team roster, he should try an alternative path, the CFL or Arena football. What do you think?
 
CFL would an good for someone in his spot, I think. Maybe he'll get another look from the NFL after that.
 
NLGrizFan said:
CFL would an good for someone in his spot, I think. Maybe he'll get another look from the NFL after that.

There are several players in the NFL who have played in the CFL. The most recent, Jeff Garcia, he started his career in Canada before getting his chance with the 49ers. Ricky Williams played for Toronto when he was suspended from the Dolphins in '06. The notable players that over came the NFL's post collegiate evaluations in Canada before starring in the NFL are Doug Flutie (Flutie did play in the NFL before the CFL but without much success), Warren Moon, Joe Theisman, Rocket Ismail, Mervyn Fernandez and Harold Hasselbach (a DE who is the last player to win both a Grey Cup and a Super Bowl Championship). Additionally, there have been a handful of NFL stars who played in Canada after being out of the NFL including Andre Rison and Mark Gastineau. I think former Washington Redskins fullback Mike Sellers played for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in 2002 and 2003 and the Edmonton Eskimos from 1995-1997.

Perhaps, the path for Kavario Middleton's professional football career begins in Canada.
 
He should try the Lions. They are looking for a solid tight end. They drafted a tight end and signed a FA at the position, but they are looking.
 
Ken Jones said:
NLGrizFan said:
CFL would an good for someone in his spot, I think. Maybe he'll get another look from the NFL after that.

There are several players in the NFL who have played in the CFL. The most recent, Jeff Garcia, he started his career in Canada before getting his chance with the 49ers. Ricky Williams played for Toronto when he was suspended from the Dolphins in '06. The notable players that over came the NFL's post collegiate evaluations in Canada before starring in the NFL are Doug Flutie (Flutie did play in the NFL before the CFL but without much success), Warren Moon, Joe Theisman, Rocket Ismail, Mervyn Fernandez and Harold Hasselbach (a DE who is the last player to win both a Grey Cup and a Super Bowl Championship). Additionally, there have been a handful of NFL stars who played in Canada after being out of the NFL including Andre Rison and Mark Gastineau. I think former Washington Redskins fullback Mike Sellers played for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in 2002 and 2003 and the Edmonton Eskimos from 1995-1997.

Perhaps, the path for Kavario Middleton's professional football career begins in Canada.

Including some guy named Dave Dickensen.....
 
GrizSpartan said:
He should try the Lions. They are looking for a solid tight end. They drafted a tight end and signed a FA at the position, but they are looking.

They probably won't be looking at Kavario then.
 
GrizSpartan said:
He should try the Lions. They are looking for a solid tight end. They drafted a tight end and signed a FA at the position, but they are looking.

You don't just "try" an NFL team. They have to try you.
 
Hammer said:
GrizSpartan said:
He should try the Lions. They are looking for a solid tight end. They drafted a tight end and signed a FA at the position, but they are looking.

You don't just "try" an NFL team. They have to try you.

unless more than one team wants to "try" you. in that case it's up to you to "try" and find the team that offers the best situation for you. in my experience talking to some guys who have been in this situation...more times than not if one team wants to "try" your services....a few others do too. :cool:
 
ilovethecats said:
Hammer said:
GrizSpartan said:
He should try the Lions. They are looking for a solid tight end. They drafted a tight end and signed a FA at the position, but they are looking.

You don't just "try" an NFL team. They have to try you.

unless more than one team wants to "try" you. in that case it's up to you to "try" and find the team that offers the best situation for you. in my experience talking to some guys who have been in this situation...more times than not if one team wants to "try" your services....a few others do too. :cool:

Sort of like Cat cheerleaders. :thumb: :lol:

Sorry that was way too good to resist.
 
Back
Top