• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Just curious...

Jimus

Do most of you on this board follow Griz football almost exclusively, follow the Griz and I-A in general, or follow the Griz and I-AA in general? I, for one, will watch any football that's on, but after the Griz I'd much rather watch a good I-A game than a good I-AA game not involving Montana. McNeese/Georgia Southern just doesn't get me up like a Oklahoma/Texas or Miami/Florida type game would. I know the bowl system puts off a lot of people, but I can't help watching those games. But any round I-AA playoff game is more interesting than any one of those trash mid-December bowl games. Although you can't go wrong with the Rose Bowl or some of the other big ones.

Quite honestly, I prefer Griz Football period. Im not much into stats, records, divisions, bowl games, all that.

If another hot game is on TV, I might watch it if there is nothing else to do, but I'm not going to schedule it into my life like my Griz games.

I'm with you, GGG. To be honest, most I-A games are of no interest to me at all. I do look at the schedule each Saturday I'm at home (i.e., not at a Griz game), and go by the TV from time to time to check scores, but I rarely sit down and watch any game but a Griz game. I can't remember the last time I watched a bowl game from start to finish ... probably when I was in high school, and I hesitate to tell you how long ago that was!!

Jimus,

I dont know if you remeber sweetwyne but i thoguht that you brought up a good post. When I am in missoula and not off at school I am a big griz follower. Always watch the news, follow the paper, really get into the games. However, with I-AA being a playoff format I really dont scoreboard watch like you do with I-A.

However, every Saturday i get up early (for me) and tune into Gameday which is one of my favorites catch all the inside on the days games. Go early to the griz game, watch the game, adn bust ass home to catch the big IA game of the night and make sure the 'Canes and the Bayou Tigers whipped somebody else.

I love college football but really dont care for the NFL at all.

PS - have you played any millionaire games lately.

Jimus - are you going to go to all the games?, I think i will be able to make the first two, hopefully the bobcat game and then the playoff games.

Sweetwyne said:
Jimus,

I dont know if you remeber sweetwyne but i thoguht that you brought up a good post. When I am in missoula and not off at school I am a big griz follower. Always watch the news, follow the paper, really get into the games. However, with I-AA being a playoff format I really dont scoreboard watch like you do with I-A.

However, every Saturday i get up early (for me) and tune into Gameday which is one of my favorites catch all the inside on the days games. Go early to the griz game, watch the game, adn bust ass home to catch the big IA game of the night and make sure the 'Canes and the Bayou Tigers whipped somebody else.

I love college football but really dont care for the NFL at all.

PS - have you played any millionaire games lately.

Jimus - are you going to go to all the games?, I think i will be able to make the first two, hopefully the bobcat game and then the playoff games.

No, I don't play millionaire, but I used to play jeopardy.

Looks like I'll go to 10 Griz games this year, maybe 11 if the air fare to Sacramento goes down. There's no way I can make it to NAU, but all the other ones are go.

It must suck going to a school with no football team. I never understood you and the Hurricanes. I just hate Florida's Big 3. They're still entertaining to watch though. Ditto on Gameday. I don't mind at all waking up at 8 a.m. on Saturdays to watch that.

I must say your answears surprise me. I would have thought you were all bigger football fans. This makes your love of the Griz even more impressive. As for me I love all football, if I didn't have anything better to do I would stop and watch a middle school game. Jimus, nice topic, very interesting.

Go SDSU!

A typical weekend for me and m :p y wife goes like this during football season: Friday Night watch a local high school game, we will travel up to 150 miles to see a good match up. Saturday morning Drive to Missoula and tailgate and then watch da Griz. When the Griz are on the road, we get up early watch ESPN game day then watch the early Big Ten game, by the end of that game the Griz are on, after that we will watch up to 3 more games. Sunday we watch a morning, afternoon and then the evening game. Monday night of course Monday night football. We usually watch up to 10 games a weekend. The best part of all the games is halftime, but I won't say what happens then!!!

I will probably check the paper for Griz scores this year, since they are playing the Bison. Otherwise I haven't seen the Griz play since I watched the 1970 Camelia Bowl on TV. I didn't realize the Griz had such a rich college football tradition until they put NDSU on the schedule. Until then Georgia Southern was probably the most recognized name in I-AA to me. The move to I-AA will change the teams that I check the scoreboard for. I generally just watch the Bison, the Big 12, and the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field.

For me....Football of any type works. After the Superbowl I always have the mid-winter - no football blahs....somehow the basketball season isn't the same. Although I do like college hoops.....the pro stuff leaves me flat.

Man Turner, I'm envious! Sound like you have quite a woman there if she'll sit and watch that many games with you. I can get my wife to the Griz games, but she could care less about watching any football on TV. However, she has become more football savy since we've been married.

Here's a humorous story. We were at a friend's house playing Tabboo, ladies against the guys. It was her turn and she had the word 'buffalo'. She gave the clue 'The University of Colorado mascot'. All the other ladies just looked at her :-?. She couldn't believe the others didn't know the answer. Now, she blames me for brain washing her. :D

It's tough for me to get too excited about the same 1-A schools taking turns every year at a bowl. They get all the "all-americans" and the fans act like they have never been there before. Frankly, it's boring. The first part of the year is the best. I love seeing 1-AA teams pulling upsets! I do like seeing teams from the West beat up on the East though. The east side is totally full of themselves. I love the 1-AA and the play off system...but it would be fun to see Montana in the WAC too!

I say...undefeated this year....Dear Lord I Love The GRIZ!

Do I really need to say that I have season tickets to the LSU games this year......well I just did I guess. :roll:

It will be fun to Watch the Griz during the day and then go to Death Valley with 93,000 drunk cajun's to see Games like Auburn/LSU, Florida/LSU, Alabama/LSU..... ect. :D (of course I would trade it if I could be at all the Griz games this year!)

I really look foward to W. Illinios playing at Tiger stadium this year. W.Illinios should be a top 6 I-AA all year, and it will be good to see how they match up with a top I-A team.

PS- as a side note.....LSU has a legit chance to win it all this year, with their tough games coming at home.... we shall see.

I try to catch College Game Day on ESPN every Saturday morning. I think it is the best show on TV (other than Griz Games). That give me time to get properly prepared. Then it is off to the tailgate and game, or if the Griz are away, I will watch a little of the regional games until Griz game time.

There are a couple of Division IA teams that I follow, and will make an effort to watch if it doesn't conflict with the Griz. I really could care less about stats, etc.

I guess there aren't a lot of people like me. On fall Saturdays, if I'm not watching the Griz, or going to or from a Griz game, I'm watching some kind of football. I'll devote 15 hours of the day to watching college football. It starts at 8:30 a.m. when College Gameday airs and usually ends at about 11:30 p.m. when the last Pac-10 game ends. Then I have to watch all the highlights on SportsCenter, check the internet for I-AA top 25 scores, etc. That's my idea of a good time, but I guess I don't get out enough.

Jimus - that would be a great day for me also. However, She Who Must Be Obeyed, and the junior Must Be Obeyed think otherwise.

I almost never watch any other games but 1-AA. unless it is perhaps major rivals playing, thats includes the NFL. And the 1A is just the biggest f*&%king joke there is.

I'm even worse than you Jimus, because thanks to my darling little brother and my best friend, I am still hooked on high school football too, so my friday and saturdays are both devoted to football! :)

That's too bad. I can hardly watch high school football. It's always one team blowing out the other. Plus all the Missoula schools suck, so they're usually on the short end of those games. High school basketball is where it's at. Baller1 knows what I'm talking about. 8)

And, oh yeah, the NFL is no great shakes either, but I'll watch the playoffs.

Jimus, if there is a football game on the tv and I am at home then it is on. I don't care what teams are playing, I prefer college over the pros. I will pay more attention to the game if its some of the better teams that are playing. I thought it was great when they started putting some college game on Thursday night on ESPN. I will even watch it if its Marshall but I will root against them every time.

Back