• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JR Waller in the Heisman Running!!!

Poerboy

Disclaimer: Don't freak out, guys... it's just the alternate reality I've created on my Playstation2. :D
So, as I mentioned elsewhere, I inserted the Griz into the 1A Mountain West conference (replacing BYU), and we started out ranked 112 in the nation (not bad, actually). Well, by the end of week 7 we were 7-0 having defeated Stanford, Maine, New Mexico State, USC (AT USC, no less), and others. Going into week 8 Montana was rated 54th, facing (#11) Colorado State at WA-Griz. My first televised game. The first chance I've gotten to see the boys come barreling out of the tunnel into the roar of, well, um... US. Too freakin' cool. Corso and the guys predict that C. State will run over the Grizzlies on the strength of thier quarterback. Heh-heh.
Final score? Montana-48, Colorado State-0. My first shutout of the season, and I'm playing on Varsity Level, which usually keeps my games really close... The Griz D held the Rams to a pitiful 96 total yards (with 7-yup, 7 yards rushing). Here's the big news, though. JR Waller ran for 327 yards rushing (passing 1000 yards for the season in WEEK 8!), & 4 rushing TD's. It was AWESOME.
So I end the game and go to the main weekly menu which, for those of you who don't have the game yet, features a copy of that week's Sports Illustrated (with inside pictures of big upsets, awards leaders, etc.) and guess who's on the cover? :eek: Yup. Waller throwin' off a CSU strong safety like a moth-ridden cardigan. SUH-WEET. The caption in big letters says "ARE YOU KIDDING?! THE COACHES AREN'T IMPRESSED WITH MONTANA'S 8-0 RECORD. YET." After delving deeper into the issue, I find out that Waller is on the rise in the Heisman runnings, currently at #2 behind Kansas State's RB who is ahead of Waller in carries only (also with this another awsome shot of Waller diving into the end zone). This game RULES. If you don't have a video game console, buy one just so you can buy (or at least rent 20 times) this game. Sorry for the novel, but I was pretty stoked, as you can tell.
Next game- Wyoming. Tee-Hee. I'm as happy as a little girl... :drinking:

poer,
Hey if you could find a way to post that SI cover with Waller on it that would be so tight. Try and figure out a way to do that. Could be a sick wallpaper. Keep up the good work with the griz!!!!! And keep givin updates I enjoyed your article. Man I need to go get that game!!!

Baller1

So I end the game and go to the main weekly menu which, for those of you who don't have the game yet, features a copy of that week's Sports Illustrated (with inside pictures of big upsets, awards leaders, etc.) and guess who's on the cover? Yup. Waller throwin' off a CSU strong safety like a moth-ridden cardigan. SUH-WEET.

Beware of the SI Curse! :evil:

Rocky,
very true very true, hahaha. Sounds like poer has things goin to well right now though. Hopefully Waller doesn't fall victim to the curse that could spell disaster for our virtual griz. If Poer has the griz playing so well maybe he should've been hired as coach......just a thought. Coach Poerboy??? stranger things have happend.

Baller1

LOL. Nah, Bobby is currently the man in charge... I couldn't handle all the pressure from fans like you guys.... :eek: In answer to the other questions, I'm playing on 6 minute quarters. Usually takes around an hour to do a complete game. And I'm playing on Varsity level with the individual difficulty sliders up quite a ways... Heisman was just a little too touch. I don't like tossin' up an INT the first time I throw the ball. I play videogames to relax, not to give myself a coranary, ya' know? Anyway, I suppose I could try taking a shot of the cover with my digital camera, but I'm not sure how well it'll turn out. Any tips?

Okay, so I've got the jpg's save onto an export folder on mt Mac... does anybody know how I go about attaching them to a post?

[/img]

LOL, just beat #1Ohio State at Ohio State in dynasty mode, 35-17. I love this game, cept where in the hell is Jefferson Heidelberger???
Ochs throws for 446 and 5 tds. Man can't this season ever start!!!!!

It's all who you play (in regards to ranking). I replaced the entire Mountain West conference with current Big Sky teams and it rocks (except that the Big Sky teams aren't too difficult to beat). I am currently ranked #12 in the country on Varsity level, but I played Kansas State, Georgia, Auburn, Virginia, and Maryland (all were top 20 when I played them). I already have had Craig Ochs on the SI cover twice and have zoomed up the rankings rather quickly. I have done exhibition with Big Sky teams, but the teams suck, and I get tired of the "Montana State" announcer. Also, I wish that they would have put some realistic details on the road uni's (like maroon pants, paws on the sleeves, Big Sky patch, etc) cause when I am on the road, it looks like I am representing the Simon Fraser Klansmen rather than our beloved Grizzlies. All in all, it is definately a cool game though...

By the way, before you guys see these pics and think I'm nuts, I "extended" JR's hair to give him dreads hanging out of the back of his helmet a'la Ricki Williams... and also gave him a helmet visor even though I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually wear one on the field. I's MY alternate reality, after all... and JR, if you're reading this, sorry dude, but you look pretty damn cool in my honest opinion... :wink:

This is such a great game. I just started my dynasty. I replaced all the Sun Belt teams with the Big Sky. I play on AA and didn't really practice so Ochs is throwing a ton of INTS right now but Waller is pretty decent on the game. Main targets I throw to are Segars and Molloy it seems. I use Bush on D and love rushing the edge with Hoge.

Back