• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Joslyn Tinkle

Wayne posted this on this FB page. Too bad she was out all season until now. At least she can help in the playoffs.

It is a 7 day contract, basically a tryout. I hope she sticks, but she may not be totally healthy, which imho doesn't give her much of a shot.

no sport played out of season will ever truly make it in this country. baseball in winter, football in spring, basketball in summer--it's like christmas in july, or watermelon on new year's day. the n.b.a., run by men, thought women's basketball could help them put butts in emptry arena seats during the summer. but the attendance has been pathetic, and the women's game has suffered. played in season, i think a women's league could do very well. as it is my dears, i don't give a damn, joslyn or not.

citay said:
no sport played out of season will ever truly make it in this country. baseball in winter, football in spring, basketball in summer--it's like christmas in july, or watermelon on new year's day. the n.b.a., run by men, thought women's basketball could help them put butts in emptry arena seats during the summer. but the attendance has been pathetic, and the women's game has suffered. played in season, i think a women's league could do very well. as it is my dears, i don't give a damn, joslyn or not.

It would be interesting to see the women's teams be in the same season as Men's and just schedule the games prior to the men's to see if you could create a bigger, party-like atmosphere.

PeauxRouge said:
citay said:

It would be interesting to see the women's teams be in the same season as Men's and just schedule the games prior to the men's to see if you could create a bigger, party-like atmosphere.
I think that takes away one of the great things about basketball, shorter time requirements for spectating. I don't see many people going to hang out for five hours to watch ladies, and then men. I would say put them on different nights and counter long road trips so fans can still have something to watch, but also make use of the video/tech and allow fans to keep an eye on the NBA teams.

Back