• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jordan Johnson's toughness

JayLarson

God dang how many times can this guy pick himself, or have others pick him up off the turf this season. He has taken way too many hits this season but he has no quit in him. He stuck around all last year and came back this season when there are many other guys that would have left and said screw this University and screw this town. He didn't!!

There was a play vs EWU when the lineman actually had to help JJ get to the line, and after taking a beating all day he was at his best in the 4th quarter. I wonder how many times he has been hit after a pass this season, it has been alot mostly just vs NAU, Poly, and EWU. He does not need to run downfield and lay a blind side block to prove that he is tough.

Agreed. We have all observed it. Multiple people close the the program have said he is very tough, both physically and mentally.

I say give this kid some latitude and go out and win the next 4 football games. He is that good!

nzone said:
I say give this kid some latitude and go out and win the next 4 football games. He is that good!

Would love to see the quick pace offense inserted into a series or two now and then. But please coaches, don't choose a time in the game when we are clinging to a lead and trying to milk the clock.

There were a few times where I wasn't sure if he was going to get back up. I'm sure he's taking a healthy dose of ice baths this week. Showed a great amount of toughness.

PlayerRep said:
Agreed. We have all observed it. Multiple people close the the program have said he is very tough, both physically and mentally.

Hopefully we never see him run out of bounds....

[youtube] [/youtube]He really got up slow and gimpy after his last series. I hope he is ok. I'll go on record here and say w/o JJ we would be lucky to be 4-4. As I have said before it's time to take the plow off the racehorse. Give me more empty backfield looks and let JJ do his stuff!

Johnson is a beast, on the other hand, Adams looks like a scared little girl when he has the ball because every time a Griz player got near him he would instantly drop to the ground even if they were still a couple yards away. Not that there is anything wrong with that :roll: but no wonder he would be the one to bring a gun to a football game.

JJ is tough, no doubt. I just hope he is tough enough to carry a whole squad (and a couple of coaches) on his shoulders the next 4 games.

1Griz_Fan said:
Adams looks like a scared little girl when he has the ball because every time a Griz player got near him he would instantly drop to the ground even if they were still a couple yards away.

A "scared little girl" that threw for 450 yards.

AllWeatherFan said:
1Griz_Fan said:
Adams looks like a scared little girl when he has the ball because every time a Griz player got near him he would instantly drop to the ground even if they were still a couple yards away.

A "scared little girl" that threw for 450 yards.
I was thinking the exact same thing...

1Griz_Fan said:
Johnson is a beast, on the other hand, Adams looks like a scared little girl when he has the ball because every time a Griz player got near him he would instantly drop to the ground even if they were still a couple yards away. Not that there is anything wrong with that :roll: but no wonder he would be the one to bring a gun to a football game.

I lost whatever respect I had for him with that taunting JJ BS. Totally classless tool in my book.

JJ is a tough gamer,and if the coaches take off the reins, we will do well. Hope they pull their heads out of their posteriors and use him to his full potential. As far as Adams goes he is a fall down egotistic pr__k.

retiredfan said:
JJ is a tough gamer,and if the coaches take off the reins, we will do well. Hope they pull their heads out of their posteriors and use him to his full potential. As far as Adams goes he is a fall down egotistic pr__k.
JJ's full potential is in a read option scheme, which MD doesn't like. JJ is as good at the read option as any FCS QB out there.

NLGrizFan said:
JJ is tougher than a $1 steak! WOW
Ya thats a Geenism, cept it's a 2 dollar steak. :lol:

How bout he's "tougher than a flank steak on a stick horse" :shock:

JayLarson said:
God dang how many times can this guy pick himself, or have others pick him up off the turf this season. He has taken way too many hits this season but he has no quit in him. He stuck around all last year and came back this season when there are many other guys that would have left and said screw this University and screw this town. He didn't!!

There was a play vs EWU when the lineman actually had to help JJ get to the line, and after taking a beating all day he was at his best in the 4th quarter. I wonder how many times he has been hit after a pass this season, it has been alot mostly just vs NAU, Poly, and EWU. He does not need to run downfield and lay a blind side block to prove that he is tough.

He stuck around because he is tough, but also because he is loyal and a leader who puts team first always. His coach fired,offense changed and suspended a year yet he comes back. I'm speechless. This is a guy I'd want on my team over any QB in the country! Good luck to him the remainder of his career here and beyond in whatever he pursues in his life after U of M. I feel like we are all going to feel like it all went to fast once he is gone.

kurtismichael said:
JayLarson said:

He stuck around because he is tough, but also because he is loyal and a leader who puts team first always. His coach fired,offense changed and suspended a year yet he comes back. I'm speechless. This is a guy I'd want on my team over any QB in the country! Good luck to him the remainder of his career here and beyond in whatever he pursues in his life after U of M. I feel like we are all going to feel like it all went to fast once he is gone.
:clap: :clap: :thumb:

Back