• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jordan Johnson Wins?

It is too early, but based on the last 6 games of 2011, I believe the GRIZ would have been at 3 games better in 2012 with JJ. The only game I am convinced we would have still lost was NAU,that game was a total nightmare no matter how you look at. I doubt JJ would have been able to overcome that collapse of epic proportions. I am just happy to be talking about JJ on the field again .

mtgrizrule said:
It is too early, but based on the last 6 games of 2011, I believe the GRIZ would have been at 3 games better in 2012 with JJ. The only game I am convinced we would have still lost was NAU,that game was a total nightmare no matter how you look at. I doubt JJ would have been able to overcome that collapse of epic proportions. I am just happy to be talking about JJ on the field again .
I think he could have helped.

One of the biggest problems was the offense going stone cold in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

May not have been enough to win, but I think he would have helped a lot.

uofmman1122 said:
mtgrizrule said:

One of the biggest problems was the offense going stone cold in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

I think we win SUU, ND, and EWU with JJ, and possibly MSU too.

mtgrizrule said:
uofmman1122 said:
mtgrizrule said:

I think we win SUU, ND, and EWU with JJ, and possibly MSU too.

Not possibly, JJ would have beaten msu and probably badly. That for sure is the one game I'm positive JJ would have won. SSH was awful and it was still a close game.

If JJ could have kept the O on the field for 4 or 5 minutes more per game it is possible that the defense would not have been as gassed late in games.

UM would have been undefeated with JJ. Look at the lack of offense late in the games.

In the NAU game, UM was kicking ass in the first 1.25 quarters. 3 TD's and 1 FG in 4 drives. 24-14 lead at half. Lost by 10. Then 2 fumbles and 3 interceptions and virtually no offensive production. The next 10 drives netted no points, until the 11th drive resulted in late TD pass in the last several minutes. In those 10 drives, 132 yards. 9 of those drives were 5 plays or less. Longest drive, in terms of time, in those 10 drives, was 2:29. 3 of the first 5 of those 10 drives resulted in NAU getting the ball in UM territory, including on the UM 20 and 22. That put alot of pressure on the defense.

PlayerRep said:
UM would have been undefeated with JJ. Look at the lack of offense late in the games.

In the NAU game, UM was kicking ass in the first 1.25 quarters. 3 TD's and 1 FG in 4 drives. 24-14 lead at half. Lost by 10. Then 2 fumbles and 3 interceptions and virtually no offensive production. The next 10 drives netted no points, until the 11th drive resulted in late TD pass in the last several minutes. In those 10 drives, 132 yards. 9 of those drives were 5 plays or less. Longest drive, in terms of time, in those 10 drives, was 2:29. 3 of the first 5 of those 10 drives resulted in NAU getting the ball in UM territory, including on the UM 20 and 22. That put alot of pressure on the defense.

This. We would have made the playoffs at a minimum.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I've got a very good family friend that told us about running into Jordy before Spring practice at the Adams Center. He came across JJ, told him he was wishing him luck and looking forward to this season, also asking about what he thought of this upcoming season. JJ's answer? "Get your playoff tickets, now." :thumb:

This kid, man oh man. I can't wait for this season.

The problem with this question is that you can't just consider JJ being there because if he was there then Pflugrad would have been there too. It wasn't just the loss of the starting qb but the head coach too. If both would have been there I see at least a quarterfinal appearance. JJ with Delaney? Still a hot mess.

PlayerRep said:

Puhleeze... not only would've UM been undefeated but they would've won the chipper, FBS championship, Super Bowl, World Series, World Cup, Grey Cup, Stanley Cup, Davis Cup, NASCAR Cup, Davis Cup, and my 4 year old's soccer league Sippy Cup.

grizbrokebacker1 said:
PlayerRep said:

Puhleeze... not only would've UM been undefeated but they would've won the chipper, FBS championship, Super Bowl, World Series, World Cup, Grey Cup, Stanley Cup, Davis Cup, NASCAR Cup, Davis Cup, and my 4 year old's soccer league Sippy Cup.

Don't forget JJ winning the Heisman over Johnny Football!

We will never know how many more Wins JJ would have helped with. Is it possible we could have Won all the losses, with him? IT is possible. It is also possible he would have had 1 or 2 bad games, that would resulted in losses still. To expect any qb to not struggle in a few games, is a little unrealistic. I still think we would have lost 1 or 2 of those games, even with him.

mtgrizrule said:
We will never know how many more Wins JJ would have helped with. Is it possible we could have Won all the losses, with him? IT is possible. It is also possible he would have had 1 or 2 bad games, that would resulted in losses still. To expect any qb to not struggle in a few games, is a little unrealistic. I still think we would have lost 1 or 2 of those games, even with him.

Nonsense. The Griz would have been the first FCS team invited to a BCS bowl had JJ played last year. The public would have demanded it!

wbtfg said:
Somewhere between threeve and eleventy brazillion.

threeve has alway been my favorite number....and is also the correct answer in this possible to figure out scenario...

GrizPDX said:
I've got a very good family friend that told us about running into Jordy before Spring practice at the Adams Center. He came across JJ, told him he was wishing him luck and looking forward to this season, also asking about what he thought of this upcoming season. JJ's answer? "Get your playoff tickets, now." :thumb:

This kid, man oh man. I can't wait for this season.

Well now I have no faith in this anymore. JJ is a dumb $hit if he thinks I can get my playoff tickets now.

Back