• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jordan Johnson in the 4th quarter and OT

BWahlberg

DONOR
Tell me this guy isn't a gamer. As long as we've got the ball in Jordy's hands you've got to like the Grizzlies chances late in the game.

I was going to check his yardage and completion % but with the stat books that would take a lot of manual entry. I did however quickly check the number of touchdowns he's got in the 4th and OT, he's got 11 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, and I think just 1 fumble lost. Jordy's thrown 24 TDs this year meaning just under 46% of his passing TDs have come in the 4th quarter or overtime.

The guy is clutch late in the game, and that's why the Griz will always be in it regardless the score come the 4th quarter.

Another great stat: 93-34 in the 4th.

ScreenShot2013-11-03at60946PM_zpsfb5ff1fd.png

BWahlberg said:
Tell me this guy isn't a gamer. As long as we've got the ball in Jordy's hands you've got to like the Grizzlies chances late in the game.

I was going to check his yardage and completion % but with the stat books that would take a lot of manual entry. I did however quickly check the number of touchdowns he's got in the 4th and OT, he's got 11 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, and I think just 1 fumble lost. Jordy's thrown 24 TDs this year meaning just under 46% of his passing TDs have come in the 4th quarter or overtime.

The guy is clutch late in the game, and that's why the Griz will always be in it regardless the score come the 4th quarter.

:clap:

Take a deep breath and a moment to reflect. We all need to know that we are watching something special with JJ. Before we know it his career here will be done and we'll be left with nothing but memories. Thanks Brint for this thread.

JJ wants to win and lays it all on the line every game. Actions speak louder than words and JJ let's his talking be proven on the field. We are lucky to have this young man.
Go Griz!!

I don't have the stats in front of me, but I only remember JJ throwing one pick thus far in 2013. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I think it was an under thrown ball in the Cal Poly game. This stat alone is truly amazing for how many times he has thrown a pass - and many of them under pressure. A great decision maker and leader. The Griz are very lucky to have JJ at the helm and it is sure nice to see a great group of receivers as well. I just wish JJ had the opportunity to throw to the tight ends more. Maybe that is coming late in the season.

I fully agree!

Griz were outplayed in last three games and would have lost all 3 games without the clutch play of JJ at QB. As it was, Griz pulled 2 victories out of these 3 games due to JJ's clutch play, and with a good field goal kicker and no penalty on the TD that was called back, JJ may have pulled out a victory over EWU as well.

Griz are 7-2 with JJ, and in my opinion would only be 5-4 (or even worse) without him.

Delaney should thank his lucky stars JJ stayed with the Griz.

I also note that JJ was Pflugrad's recruit, and it was Pflugrad's support for JJ that led to Engstrom's misguided firing of Pflugrad.

kurtismichael said:
Take a deep breath and a moment to reflect. We all need to know that we are watching something special with JJ. Before we know it his career here will be done and we'll be left with nothing but memories. Thanks Brint for this thread.

Yep, and while it's real early to think about this, look at the next season. The O-line will have some new dudes to break in with Kistler, Poehls, and Oiland graduating, also Pierson & Warren graduate too. Other than that, Jordy returns all of his other weapons on offense.

If the new guys on the O-line next year can rise to the occasion and fill in for some pretty big shoes being left after this season, Jordy will be poised to have an unbelievable season in 2014.

Rockmeister said:
BWahlberg said:

:clap:

gogriz has him at 27 tds passing as of yesterday and we know how he did in the 4th so this percentage may even be better.

While JJ is absolutely clutch in 4th quarter and OT, I thought he and the coaches did their best job of the year in coming out of halftime with a smart gameplan. In fact for the whole game this was what many have wanted to see all year - lots of JJ tossing the ball down the field. Lots of times we threw the ball on 1st and 10. And it worked - scoring 45 points in regulation. And the first down throw in OT. The perfect call Ellis was wide open beating one on one coverage.

If Travon Van is 100% healthy by the time we play the Scats, we should have an offense that can keep up with anybody. And with our problems with good passing teams playing 3 or 4 wideouts, we will need to score a lot of points to win out. There are still too many times when we end up with a LB on a WR. Players like #2 DeAndre Carter are difficult enough to cover by CBs, but Kanongata'a has almost no chance.

Obviously I've drifted off the main subject of this thread. Getting back to my main point, I was extremely pleased to see the offense open up for Sac State. Let's keep it going at South Dakota on Saturday and maybe we won't need JJ to Ellis to pull it out in OT again.

Just like several other teams our QB is the life blood of this team, with out him we are in BIG trouble. The Cats, EWU and others are in the same boat.
With a close game and JJ at the helm we are never out of it.

He has been great in the 4th quarter. One thing I have noticed though is how slowly he starts games. I can remember several games where he starts out completing 20-40% of his first ten or so passes, resulting from a combination of bad throws and dropped passes.

BWahlberg said:
grizfan95 said:

Awesome additional point there! Shows that the defense buckles down late as well too!

Funny. This was the stat I was counting on when we went up by 14 in the 4th quarter on Saturday. Lot of good that did me...

It's kind of remarkable how many outstanding QBs there are in the Big Sky right now (maybe other conferences too, but I can't speak to that). I'm pretty sure other teams are just as impressed with JJ as we are with Adams/Safron/etc. Actually, it's pretty cool to see kids with these skills playing right in front of us.

grizfan95 said:

It is worth mentioning that 21 of those 34 were scored by Sac St so the Griz have only given up 13 points in the 4th against 8 teams, including EWU. Not bad at all so hopefully the D can show us all that Sac St strong finish was a fluke.

BWahlberg said:

Then why is he screwing around for the other 3 quarters?

cclarkblues said:
BWahlberg said:

Then why is he screwing around for the other 3 quarters?[/quote]
Because the coaching staff usually doesn't have a clue....

Back