• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

John Nguyen

G-BEARS

Nguyen had a garbage time carry in the North Dakota game. Hope to see more of him against Panhandle State this weekend! Excited to see what he can do, although even next year he will be buried in depth. Has anyone seen much of him? Looks bigger than his brother, if he can combine this size with some of his brother's shifty moves he could be a hell of a back!

NLGrizFan said:
As long as he catches better than his brother he should do fine.

Peter didn't have a problem catching the ball, just holding on to it after the catch!

reinell30 said:
NLGrizFan said:
As long as he catches better than his brother he should do fine.

Peter didn't have a problem catching the ball, just holding on to it after the catch!
Ok, fair enough. I have an attempt to field a punt or two burned in my mind :x But when he did hang on to it, watch out!!

And now begins the discussion on the burning of his redshirt in 3....2....1......

Griz2k said:
And now begins the discussion on the burning of his redshirt in 3....2....1......
I thought about that when I saw him in the game. Why did he play anyways? It's not like we have a shortage of running backs.

Griz2k said:

I figure it's a coaching staff decision, which pretty much settles the matter for me, but I was a little surprised to see Nguyen in there at mop up time. Same thing for Brekke at MSU; he entered the Colorado Mesa game late and had 3 or 4 carries.

Fahque said:
Griz2k said:
I thought about that when I saw him in the game. Why did he play anyways? It's not like we have a shortage of running backs.

Delaney was too busy writing a get well card to McGhee and he didn't notice him go into the game.

Nguyen some you lose some

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

OldtiredGRiz said:
Griz2k said:

I figure it's a coaching staff decision, which pretty much settles the matter for me, but I was a little surprised to see Nguyen in there at mop up time. Same thing for Brekke at MSU; he entered the Colorado Mesa game late and had 3 or 4 carries.

Brekke had some carries in the Monmouth game, as well.

BDizzle said:
AZGrizFan said:
Aren't we all glad now that Pflu burned JJ's redshirt his true freshman year? :)

Why? He would be a RS Junior no matter what.
No he wouldn't. This would be his senior season if he hadn't missed last year.

Fahque said:
BDizzle said:
AZGrizFan said:
Aren't we all glad now that Pflu burned JJ's redshirt his true freshman year? :)

Not true...my assumption was incorrect...if Pflu had NOT burned his redshirt, he would have missed his sophomore season, and would still be a RS junior.

AZGrizFan said:
Fahque said:
BDizzle said:
AZGrizFan said:

Not true...my assumption was incorrect...if Pflu had NOT burned his redshirt, he would have missed his sophomore season, and would still be a RS junior.
But he DID play as a true freshmen so to say what if he hadn't at this point is pointless. Last year basically counted as his redshirt year. Had it not, he would be a senior this year.

Fahque said:
AZGrizFan said:
Fahque said:
BDizzle said:
But he DID play as a true freshmen so to say what if he hadn't at this point is pointless. Last year basically counted as his redshirt year. Had it not, he would be a senior this year.

You are not on the same page as AZ and I. If Pflu redshirted JJ the first year, then he would've missed his RS Sophomore year and would be a RS Junior this year. But instead he played as a true Freshman, turned his true Junior year into a RS year so is now a RS Junior. So last year didn't "basically count" as his redshirt year...it DID count as his redshirt year.

But yes if JJ would not of had to sit out last year he would be a Senior this year. So I am happy that we get another year of him. Just wish it wasn't for the reason that it was.

Bdizzle,
read what you wrote. Based on yours and Az quotes, Fahque is absolutely correct. You and Az were the the ones tryiing to get on the same page. Carry on.

Fahque said:
Griz2k said:

Try and watch the coach's show every Mon night, he explained that question you have.

If you can't watch it, the very valid reason Nguyen played in the ND game was to get him experience, because it is very rare that you go through an entire season and not bang up your #1 or #2 RB at one point or another. And a good team always needs 3 fresh, healthy, experienced RBs at the ready. Very smart, and forward thinking, move by coach Delaney. :clap:

We've got Canada, Vann, and Counts game-ready...now we just gotta get Nguyen prepared, because he's always just 1 play away from being in that 3-man game rotation.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Fahque said:
Griz2k said:

Try and watch the coach's show every Mon night, he explained that question you have.

If you can't watch it, the very valid reason Nguyen played in the ND game was to get him experience, because it is very rare that you go through an entire season and not bang up your #1 or #2 RB at one point or another. And a good team always needs 3 fresh, healthy, experienced RBs at the ready. Very smart, and forward thinking, move by coach Delaney. :clap:

We've got Canada, Vann, and Counts game-ready...now we just gotta get Nguyen prepared, because he's always just 1 play away from being in that 3-man game rotation.
I didn't watch it so thanks for the explanation.

Back