• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

John Kanongata'a gets a haircut?

JayLarson

Has anyone noticed how it seems like every big play an opposing team gets is run right at #52 or thrown to an area where he is or was. Last night, every time he would come up to blitz they would throw right at where he came from, every time they threw a swing pass when he was in coverage he would run up and engage with a blocker and start pushing back the blocker while the play went right past him. Is he not taught to toss the blocker away and make the tackle? I expect alot more from a player that has started for 3 season, his tackling makes it look like he is learning from our safeties. When we lost to SHSU in the playoffs 2 long seasons ago, all their big first half plays were similar they ran at #52 he would be in good position, and that was it he would not step up and make a tackle and they would run right by him. We are going to be in trouble vs Portland State and Cal-Poly if he continues to not get off the blocks or make a play when he is in position to. This is just my opinion, not blaming any losses on him, he just needs to play much better, or maybe it is time to play Lebsock more.

JayLarson said:
I guess either everyone agrees or everyone disagrees?

Actually I was compiling a post about Poole and Schmaing and decided to just copy and paste your post but insert different names.

All 3 got WORKED last game

And when they weren't getting worked #70 was. How the hell did we have so many false starts, 2 of them before half probably cost the Griz 3 points!

MrTitleist said:
lol.. you replied to your own post after 15 minutes.
Yes I did, I was hoping for some replies about actual football stuff, not everyone arguing with an NAU fan.

JayLarson said:
Has anyone noticed how it seems like every big play an opposing team gets is run right at #52 or thrown to an area where he is or was. Last night, every time he would come up to blitz they would throw right at where he came from, every time they threw a swing pass when he was in coverage he would run up and engage with a blocker and start pushing back the blocker while the play went right past him. Is he not taught to toss the blocker away and make the tackle? I expect alot more from a player that has started for 3 season, his tackling makes it look like he is learning from our safeties. When we lost to SHSU in the playoffs 2 long seasons ago, all their big first half plays were similar they ran at #52 he would be in good position, and that was it he would not step up and make a tackle and they would run right by him. We are going to be in trouble vs Portland State and Cal-Poly if he continues to not get off the blocks or make a play when he is in position to. This is just my opinion, not blaming any losses on him, he just needs to play much better, or maybe it is time to play Lebsock more.

I noticed you changed the title of this thread.... not enough posts? Or maybe no one agrees.

griztime01 said:
I noticed you changed the title of this thread.... not enough posts? Or maybe no one agrees.
That is what I would like to find out, if you disagree say something, I just want to know what everyone else thinks about it.

Back