• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JJ

You have to just love the reward for his class, dedication and faith--both beyond us and in Griz Nation. He deserves recognition on several levels.
 
YttriumGriz39 said:
JSTGriz said:
Should be unanimous pick for player of the week!

BSC and TSN

JJ probably won't get TSN player of the week -- Eastern Illinois QB threw for 480 yards and 7 TDs in a rout over Illinois State. But I for one could care less; Johnson is playing lights out.
 
mtgrizfankb said:
605 yards, 8 incomplete passes total, 0 ints. And he only throws the ball 20 times a game

Well, actually, averaging 21 passes a game; going 34 for 42 for 605 yds for a 80.9 % completion rate and averaging 302.5 yds a game. No interceptions!
 
WyomingGrizFan said:
mtgrizfankb said:
605 yards, 8 incomplete passes total, 0 ints. And he only throws the ball 20 times a game

Well, actually, averaging 21 passes a game; going 34 for 42 for 605 yds for a 80.9 % completion rate and averaging 302.5 yds a game. No interceptions!

And seven TD's!
 
I think JJ may have been worth at least 4 of our 6 losses last season! I wonder if we would have changed the offense this year had JJ been here last year and taken us to the playoffs......? Either way, I'm loving this offense and having JJ back
 
Blgs Griz Fan said:
How many of JJ's incompletions were JJ throwing the ball away? 3,4?
thats true, and one of em was a 50 yard bomb he put right on Taylor's hands yesterday in the first play of the game. Yikes Jordy is looking pretty special this year
 
Blgs Griz Fan said:
How many of JJ's incompletions were JJ throwing the ball away? 3,4?

I think it was 2 throw-aways, 1 drop, and 1 incompletion that was thrown into coverage and dropped. Would have been a tough catch. I think that covers it.
 
Johnson won't get TSN POW, and their recap story is a good indication that Garoppolo will.

However, Jordy finished with a passing efficiency of 322.3, breaking the previous Big Sky Conference record of 310.4 set by Eastern Washington's Mark Tenneson in 1992.

The Griz have a balanced offense. Eastern Illinois is a passing team, which beefs up Garoppolo's numbers. He threw more than twice as many passes as Jordy did. Garoppolo had as many incompletions as Jordy had completions.

Garoppolo, 26-of-41, 7 TDs
Johnson, 15-of-19, 5 TDs
 
oGriz said:
Johnson won't get TSN POW, and their recap story is a good indication that Garoppolo will.

However, Jordy finished with a passing efficiency of 322.3, breaking the previous Big Sky Conference record of 310.4 set by Eastern Washington's Mark Tenneson in 1992.

The Griz have a balanced offense. Eastern Illinois is a passing team, which beefs up Garoppolo's numbers. He threw more than twice as many passes as Jordy did. Garoppolo had as many incompletions as Jordy had completions.

Garoppolo, 26-of-41, 7 TDs
Johnson, 15-of-19, 5 TDs

11 yards per PLAY. An absolutely unreal stat that trumps any artificially inflated passing number.
 
oGriz said:
Johnson won't get TSN POW, and their recap story is a good indication that Garoppolo will.

However, Jordy finished with a passing efficiency of 322.3, breaking the previous Big Sky Conference record of 310.4 set by Eastern Washington's Mark Tenneson in 1992.

The Griz have a balanced offense. Eastern Illinois is a passing team, which beefs up Garoppolo's numbers. He threw more than twice as many passes as Jordy did. Garoppolo had as many incompletions as Jordy had completions.

Garoppolo, 26-of-41, 7 TDs
Johnson, 15-of-19, 5 TDs
WOW!!! 322.3?!? GO Jordy!! Dam!! That's flat out Amazing!!!
 
Back
Top