• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JJ in Good Company

HookedonGriz

DONOR
JJ is in good company as he is still amongst the top QBs in FCS football. It's pretty incredible to see he only has one pick with over 200 passing attempts. The other QBs with over 200 attempts have anywhere from 4 to 10. Got to like his TD numbers and total yardage as well. So glad he is back! The playmaker's TD throw to Ellis on the run from near the 50 yard line was incredible yesterday.

Sorry meant to attach the link

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/stat/1AA-indpasseff.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Robsnotes4u said:
Definitely great numbers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Even more impressive given the piss poor play of his line, similar to Rodgers in Green Bay the previous couple years (no, I'm not implying he's as good as Rodgers, just that he's taken a lot of punishment).

Mr. Greenjeans said:
Robsnotes4u said:
Definitely great numbers

Even more impressive given the piss poor play of his line, similar to Rodgers in Green Bay the previous couple years (no, I'm not implying he's as good as Rodgers, just that he's taken a lot of punishment).

JJ has been sacked 10 times in 8 games (and 5 of those came in ONE game). The only two schools with FEWER sacks against are Portland State & Cal Poly. UND's QB has been sacked 26 times...THAT is a lot of punishment.

AZGrizFan said:
Mr. Greenjeans said:
Robsnotes4u said:
Definitely great numbers

JJ has been sacked 10 times in 8 games (and 5 of those came in ONE game). The only two schools with FEWER sacks against are Portland State & Cal Poly. UND's QB has been sacked 26 times...THAT is a lot of punishment.

JJ is also very mobile. How many sacks has he escaped from though?

grizfan95 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Mr. Greenjeans said:
Robsnotes4u said:
Definitely great numbers

JJ is also very mobile. How many sacks has he escaped from though?

Well, the argument was "punishment"...if he's escaping from the pressure that's not punishment, is it? And Adams is pretty "mobile" too...yet he's been sacked more times than JJ.

JJ has played extremely well this year. I'm especially impressed with his poise late in games when we turn to the hurry up and he starts drilling his receivers.

I think he is taking a few too many shots though. While the griz sack numbers are not something to complain about, JJ is hit after throwing the ball often. JJ took several hard hits in the 4th quarter on Saturday. Several times he was slow to get up, limping up the field, or doubled over. I hope he just has some bruises, and a few days rest will get him back 100%.

Back