• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JJ breaks record!

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Sorry for the multiple posts but after being in Grand Forks for the weekend and seeing what this Griz team can do, I'm a bit excited!

JJ broke a Big Sky Conference single-game record for passing efficiency at 322.3!! Nice work JJ and thank you for coming back!

HookedonGriz said:
Sorry for the multiple posts but after being in Grand Forks for the weekend and seeing what this Griz team can do, I'm a bit excited!

JJ broke a Big Sky Conference single-game record for passing efficiency at 322.3!! Nice work JJ and thank you for coming back!
:clap: congrats to JJ! That's pretty cool! He's off to a hell of a start

I knew Jordy was going to make a difference this year but he's played off the charts thus far. It was great to see the shots of him on the sidelines last night looking so happy. if anyone deserves that it's him. It's looking like he's going to make all of us pretty happy this year too!

The kid has started the season as well as anyone could ask. Even more amazing, no RUST after a long layoff from football.

And his first pass was right on the hands of the WR. Should have been another completion and another 40 or so yards.

JJ is currently leading the FCS in passing efficiency.

PASSING EFFICIENCY (Minimum: 15 Attempts Per Game)
1. Jordan Johnson, Montana, 257.0 (2 games, 42 attempts, 34 completions)
2. Brandon Wesley, Bucknell, 208.7
3. Vernon Adams, Eastern Wash., 192.1
4. Lee Mitchell, Southern U., 187.8
5. Keiran McDonagh, Portland St., 181.9
6. Brandon Bialkowski, Lehigh, 178.4
7. Sawyer Kollmorgen, UNI, 175.4
8. Jimmy Garoppolo, 169.8 (3 games, 143 attempts, 91 completions)

DoubleNicks said:
And his first pass was right on the hands of the WR. Should have been another completion and another 40 or so yards.

It would not have been anymore yards for JJ, just less yards for Van. We later scored on the long pass to Van.

I knew having JJ back would make a big difference, but I didn't realize just how big it could be. To date, anyway, I've enjoyed this version of the Griz as much as the mid-90s teams.

mtgrizrule said:
The kid has started the season as well as anyone could ask. Even more amazing, no RUST after a long layoff from football.

Amazingly, JJ showed only a little rust early last spring after more than a year off while also learning a new offense. The most impressive thing is that JJ beefed up during his time off and he now throws a fantastic deep ball. He is incredibly efficient operating the offense, he makes smart plays to run or throw it away when needed, and he gets the ball where it needs to be - short or long. He is also a fine team leader and we are damn lucky to have him at the helm.

Thank you Pflu for bringing him in and thank you JJ for sticking it out! JJ is truly writing his own movie script at this point. With him at the helm, we have the best offense we've had dating back to the end of the "air it out" days of the late nineties.

I've had more than a few laughs during fall ball where bobcat posters kept saying there is no way JJ won't be rusty and how they watched him on the news during the scrimmage and they saw him locking on the first receiver. There is no way JJ is in the top 5 Big Sky QB's based on 2011 stats, etc. Yawn... It's only been two games, but I think JJ has proven all the naysayers wrong. In fact, JJ is making the case that he is one of the finest FCS quarterbacks in the country.

Back