• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jimmy Farris now has his chance.

GSU90

Farris had a strong game with the special teams today with the Falcons in their victory over Dallas. It appears that he will see considerably more PT since the Falcons #2 reciever, Brian Finnerman, was injured with a broken hand. It's likely he will be out six weeks. Let's hope Farris makes the most of his opportunity.

Keep your chins up after the game, this is just another test of a championship laden team. Good luck!

That is great, not that Finnernan got hurt, but sometimes that is what it takes for guys from smaller teams to get a chance. What spot was Farris on the depth chart before the injury? And I assume that he will just move up one spot now? If there are any articles that mention him in the Atlanta papers, would you post links? Thanks in advance.

grzz said:
That is great, not that Finnernan got hurt, but sometimes that is what it takes for guys from smaller teams to get a chance. What spot was Farris on the depth chart before the injury? And I assume that he will just move up one spot now? If there are any articles that mention him in the Atlanta papers, would you post links? Thanks in advance.

Here is a quote from Coach Dan Reeves when asked this question directly:

"Q: Will Jimmy Farris become the third receiver?
DAN REEVES: Jimmy will become the third receiver and more than likely – as long as Brian is out – Terence Edwards will become the fourth receiver on our roster. It does change things when you lose. Brian made one good catch and kept another pass from being intercepted, but he is the guy that does the blocking for us and that’s an area that Quentin has to improve on, but he does a good job there too. Our packages won’t change a great deal. We’ll still try to take things that Quentin does and it might be a little different than Finneran does and maybe try to utilize those things. Quentin can run the football, whereas Brian is not a guy that we’re going to hand the ball off to. So we can utilize some of those things and Q’s not going to be one of those targets that you can throw the ball up to. We’re just trying to utilize the skills that Quentin has and with Jimmy Farris being the third receiver, we’ll put some plays in that we know he runs well."

This is a quote from www.Atlantafalcons.com

This Eagle will be rooting for him!

Hey, Whatya say y'all forget about last week and let's plan to meet up in Chattanooga? It happens to the best of them.

Thanks for the info eagle. Along those lines, one of my fellow egrizers pointed me to one of the new AP commecials. Pretty good stuff, man he looks like a beast.

Back