• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jim O'Day; vacating 2011 wins was wrong

BWahlberg

DONOR
Good blog post from Jim, link here: http://www.makeitmissoula.com/2013/08/vacating-ums-2011-big-sky-conference-football-title-is-wrong/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The ncaa had no proof Manziel was paid.

Oday not manning up and saying that he made a mistake just shows what a real pos he is.

BWahlberg said:
Good blog post from Jim, link here: http://www.makeitmissoula.com/2013/08/vacating-ums-2011-big-sky-conference-football-title-is-wrong/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Totally agree!!! What a crock of BS!!!!

poiuyter said:

Oday not manning up and saying that he made a mistake just shows what a real pos he is.

You must not read well. He writes that mistakes were made and he takes full responsibility because he was AD. But he is saying the crime does not fit the punishment and te administrators at UM took the easy way out instead of fighting for the players and coaches.

BWahlberg said:
Nice article. I feel bad for O'Day and I feel disgusted RE did not have the intestinal fortitude to fight instead of rolling over. He should have done the right thing, but that takes guts. In my humble opinion he betrayed the players, coaches, students and fans of the university. He has to live with that. I think O'Day can probably look himself in the mirror and he sleeps well at night. That tells me all I need to know.

BDizzle said:
poiuyter said:

You must not read well. He writes that mistakes were made and he takes full responsibility because he was AD. But he is saying the crime does not fit the punishment and te administrators at UM took the easy way out instead of fighting for the players and coaches.
That's what I thought I read...

Hammer said:
Griz-O-Matic said:
poiuyter said:

+1.

you didn't read the article either, huh?

F&*K Off!
Here's how it reads to me, the AD didn't know the definition of "booster". He's the fucking AD, if anyone should understand that definition, it's the AD. Of course he's pissed at the administration, the way he attempted to handle discipline was a joke, and administration took notice.

I respect O'Day for taking responsibility in the article. I don't know if comparing it to Manziel was accurate since the only reason Manziel got a half-game suspension is due to lack of evidence and his acceptance of the suspension to move forward. If the NCAA finds anything then he will surely be in much more trouble.

I don't know if I stand alone on this, but having closely watched the Griz over the past 2 decades, I can say the worst thing that has ever happened to the football program was hiring Pflugrad. He brought nothing but problems to the school and program. He tried to run a classy program like things were run in Oregon and realized Nike doesn't cover up his shit like they do for the ducks. Montana is special because of the integrity and character that sets us apart from much of the rest of the country, and Pflugrad jeopardized all of that during his few years at the helm. I, for one, feel that he owes Griz Nation a huge apology for his lack of discipline and control of the program and all the issues that resulted. The negative, national news that the Griz made over the past 5 years is embarrassing and I have never been happier to see someone go.

deputygrizbro said:
I respect O'Day for taking responsibility in the article. I don't know if comparing it to Manziel was accurate since the only reason Manziel got a half-game suspension is due to lack of evidence and his acceptance of the suspension to move forward. If the NCAA finds anything then he will surely be in much more trouble.

I don't know if I stand alone on this, but having closely watched the Griz over the past 2 decades, I can say the worst thing that has ever happened to the football program was hiring Pflugrad. He brought nothing but problems to the school and program. He tried to run a classy program like things were run in Oregon and realized Nike doesn't cover up his shit like they do for the ducks. Montana is special because of the integrity and character that sets us apart from much of the rest of the country, and Pflugrad jeopardized all of that during his few years at the helm. I, for one, feel that he owes Griz Nation a huge apology for his lack of discipline and control of the program and all the issues that resulted. The negative, national news that the Griz made over the past 5 years is embarrassing and I have never been happier to see someone go.
What a colossal crock of shit. :roll:

The trend of arrests and problems started way before he got here with another coach a lot of people didn't like. :coffee:

uofmman1122 said:
deputygrizbro said:

What a colossal crock of shit. :roll:

The trend of arrests and problems started way before he got here with another coach a lot of people didn't like. :coffee:

You are right and wrong. Right that problems started before he got here. Wrong on your reference to the coach. Do you not think if there were major wrong doing during Hauck's time here, the NCAA would have spent 18 months on this, and let coach Hauck slide by? Sorry, BS. Like him or not, Hauck's teams were disciplined, played hard, were prepared, and all they did was WIN!!! Save the big game comments. Other than not winning the big game, he was one damn good GRIZ coach. I'd take him back here in a heart beat.

Thurman Murman said:
biga75 said:
Very good post. Like others have said, it really illustrates RE's lack of a sack.

This. He will roll over and spread his legs for anyone with authority.
How? Because he identified the point where there wouldn't be a postseason ban?

Jim O'Day is a very good man. He is still a major supporter of the University and the AD, which takes a great amount of integrity after what was done to him. Anybody that would call him a "POS" just doesn't know the guy.

As far as the NCAA goes, it's very evident that they do not treat programs equally. They have always been very bias to the SEC and has turned a blind eye to many absurd things that have happened in those programs.

Glad those wins were vacated. Cheatwrs shouldn't prosper. Sucks for the team, but the playoffs are stained. Look them up on our organizations website.

Deputy, are you trying to tell us that Tru and Beau Donaldson, two Bobby recruits, were good kids with Hauck as coach and they turned bad once Robin took over? I will bet you any amount of money on this earth, that post NAU party at Tru's crib still goes down with BH as the head coach, and BD still admits to sexual intercourse without consent too! and FTR, I was and still am BIG fan of Bobby Hauck. But anyone who thinks this garbage didn't happen under BH, JG oR Papa Bear are effing MORONS!!! It's all about who gets caught and who doesn't. BUT alot of Griz Nation, or college football fans across this country don't care one bit how players behave as LONG AS THEY DON'T GET CAUGHT!

Latest posts

Back