• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

James Madison to go to Sun Belt

billings_poke

Western Kentucky is going to CUSA and many thinK JMU will get the sun blet spot

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/3/30/4165146/conference-realignment-wku-c-usa-jmu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FCS loses another solid program with good attendance. Rough week. Everyone that can is grabbing for those last slots

Man this is starting to get depressing... More and more I'm wishing we could find a way to move up and play some teams that are exciting to watch again...

Saw an article recently, wish I could find it, that said North Dakota State is monitoring the situation, and that if the premier FCS programs keep jumping that they may need to reevaluate their position.

The Sun Belt would be a great conference rivalry wise if we could find a home in it.

ordigger said:
Saw an article recently, wish I could find it, that said North Dakota State is monitoring the situation, and that if the premier FCS programs keep jumping that they may need to reevaluate their position.

The Sun Belt would be a great conference rivalry wise if we could find a home in it.
The more I see of our current leadership the more I believe they'd be happy to see us playing in the Frontier Conference. We are going to be last in the current game of musical chairs.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Liberty also trying for Sun Belt

Rumor is they are offering their national TV network to cover Sun Belt games to get them in

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/9115210/western-kentucky-hilltoppers-moving-conference-usa-source-says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

get'em_griz said:
Man this is starting to get depressing... More and more I'm wishing we could find a way to move up and play some teams that are exciting to watch again...
Maybe we should wait until we can go better than .500 against the, evidently crappy and boring, teams we currently play in the sub par FCS :roll:

RobGriz said:
get'em_griz said:
Maybe we should wait until we can go better than .500 against the, evidently crappy and boring, teams we currently play in the sub par FCS :roll:

this !

RobGriz said:
get'em_griz said:

Yeah, dominating the conference for 20+ years and after having our worst season in 25 years where we go under .500 thanks to the crap that the team has had to deal with last season, we shouldn't even be entertaining the idea that we should be moving up. :roll:

Last year was an anomaly.

get'em_griz said:
RobGriz said:
get'em_griz said:

Yeah, dominating the conference for 20+ years and after having our worst season in 25 years where we go under .500 thanks to the crap that the team has had to deal with last season, we shouldn't even be entertaining the idea that we should be moving up. :roll:

Last year was an anomaly.
Hoping you're right. But, there is NOTHING about ANYTHING that I saw from the coaching staff last year that leads me to believe you are. I will be ecstatic if I am wrong.

RobGriz said:
get'em_griz said:

Because wins and loses determines if a team can be FBS....it doesn't not

We have first losing season in 20+ years and now we can't ever get .500 again. We have the one of the best records for last 20 years. Wow I guess if we are scared to lose we should stay in the FCS.
Wins- Loses
Overall last 20+ years 181-49
Big Sky 20 yrs 115-20
Big Sky 10 yrs 60-13
Big Sky 5 yrs 31-6

flowtowngriz said:
We have first losing season in 20+ years and now we can't ever get .500 again. We have the one of the best records for last 20 years. Wow I guess if we are scared to lose we should stay in the FCS.
Wins- Loses
Big Sky 20 yrs 115-20
Big Sky 10 yrs 60-13
Big Sky 5 yrs 31-6
Yeah, that's what I said. And ESPN plays Div. II games all season long right?

I did correct my mistake. It was CBS Sports and they played 7 regular season game. How many nation carriers carried FCS regular season game last year outside ESPN Gameplan.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Resources/Latest+News/2012/June/DII+announces+2012+regular-season+football+TV+schedule" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

flowtowngriz said:
Wins- Loses
Big Sky 20 yrs 115-20
Big Sky 10 yrs 60-13
Big Sky 5 yrs 31-6
I truly believe that the current coaching staff has every intention of winning games. I also believe that there is tremendous potential on this team. What I do not believe is that the staffs intentions and the talent level that we have will necessarily translate into victories. Again it is my hope that I am wrong here. But, either way I do not believe we should even consider moving up UNTIL the ship is righted, which I think is entirely possible. I am just not sure it is possible with this staff and I am damn sure it isn't with this administration, that DOES NOT CARE if the Griz ever have another winning season.

You guys can turn this, spin this, or flip it over a thousand times ...it won't matter worth a molecule of fbs with the d-bag we have running our school. He's king Royster...The George Custer of presidents. :grenade:

rimrockgriz said:
You guys can turn this, spin this, or flip it over a thousand times ...it won't matter worth a molecule of fbs with the d-bag we have running our school. He's king Royster...The George Custer of presidents. :grenade:
Exactly.

RobGriz said:
rimrockgriz said:
Exactly.
And even if he was cool, his hands would be tied by the BOR, a group of small thinkers.

Back