• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jamar is Player of the Year in Big Sky

i hope jamar was unanimous. it doesnt say on the list. after ward n cherry went down and yall still won out, we all *should* have known he was our mvp. too bad he has another year left. i swear he has been on your team 4-5 years already...

Just curious how you guys ended up with Jamar? I was looking at his recruiting page on ESPN and it says he was a 91 on the scout grade or whatever.

Sioux24/7 said:
Just curious how you guys ended up with Jamar? I was looking at his recruiting page on ESPN and it says he was a 91 on the scout grade or whatever.

Wayne. Tinkle.

griz5700 said:
Sioux24/7 said:

Wayne. Tinkle.

I am impressed. I would love to see UND land a recruit of that caliber sometime but that would only happen if Phil Jackson comes and coaches UND.

Sioux24/7 said:
griz5700 said:
Sioux24/7 said:

Wayne. Tinkle.

I am impressed. I would love to see UND land a recruit of that caliber sometime but that would only happen if Phil Jackson comes and coaches UND.
If I remember correctly, he wasn't recruited very hard coming out of High School. I believe his other offers were from U of Portland and U of Detroit. Crazy. Does anyone know who else offered him out of HS?

His junior year he had very few offers. His senior year he was very good and got more big conference looks but stuck with Montana and kind of took a vendetta against the rest for not sticking with him the whole time like Tinkle. At least that's how Kareem described it to me.

i do love the griz said:
His junior year he had very few offers. His senior year he was very good and got more big conference looks but stuck with Montana and kind of took a vendetta against the rest for not sticking with him the whole time like Tinkle. At least that's how Kareem described it to me.

If I recall right, in SR year there were some articles from his local papers, and maybe even the Missoulian that explained his decision making. I think you are pretty close to accurate. He stuck with Montana because of Tinkle's commitment to him the whole time. He did have a few MWC, WCC, and PAC 12 bites his SR year. Cannot remember who.

Back