• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jake Wiley

NikeGrizz

He recently left the basketball team and on the basketball forum there are rumors he might come play WR for the football team. Anyone heard anything? Also I looked at his bio and it's pretty interesting. Also has great size at 6'6" 205
Montana: Jake is a talented young player who could see action as a true freshman.

High School: Jake was a two-sport star at Newport High School in Washington...he also attended Lakewood High School in California...he earned four letters in football, three in basketball, and one in track...his senior season at Newport HS he was team captain, MVP, Most Inspirational, and an all-state pick...as a senior he averaged 24.0 points and 12.0 rebounds a game...prep hoops coach was Jamie Pancho...also a team captain in football, chosen outstanding offensive player, and was an all-state selection at tight end when he had 50 receptions and 10 touchdowns...he was the team captain in track as well, and the "Golden Spikes Award" winner.

Personal: He is undecided on a major. His mom is Sheree Gilkey, his grandfather is Jack Wiley, and his guardian is Bryan Hopkins. Birth date: Sept. 4, 1994.

I think the posts on the BB board were nothing more than wishful thinking. If Jake were to stay at UM, he belongs on the court.

I swear I heard that on bstv before the game. If I heard wrong ill be the first to admit it.

Mavman said:
I swear I heard that on bstv before the game. If I heard wrong ill be the first to admit it.

I heard the same thing watching on bstv during the pregame. Max Media had cut to break but bstv's audio was still on. The sideline reporter clearly reported that to the booth and that he was going to save it for a sideline report during the game. I never caught it officially during the game, though, so either he got caught up in the game and forgot or the information/source wasn't solid enough to announce it.

sorry for the poor quality but turn your speakers up and listen it's very quiet, went on big sky TV and sure enough here it is! ( I just recorded it on my phone! )
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj3ZU05Bl0A[/youtube]

SWEET, wish him the best. Sure is athletic enough to be a very good WR. Sweeter yet, if he kicks ass, wonder if that will still make him "quitter". A few on the basketball board called him a quitter when we found out he was leaving the basketball team. I guess his desire is with football.

Wow. What a smack in the face for Coach Tinkle if that's true. I hope the crowd shows solidarity with the rest of his former teammates and boos this guy if he ever sees Hoyt Field during a game.

Pastor Ron said:
Wow. What a smack in the face for Coach Tinkle if that's true. I hope the crowd shows solidarity with the rest of his former teammates and boos this guy if he ever sees Hoyt Field during a game.

It's not a smack to Tinkle. The kid wants to play football. You are a tool. :coffee:

Pastor Ron said:
I suggest you try to show some of the class that Tinks shows everyday. He would be the last person to endorse your sorry recommendation! :roll:

Because a kid elects to change sports is no reason to chastise him. I wish Jake the best of luck if he does change sports. I still would like to see him play basketball and football if that is what he wants to do. There have been very successful athletes do both at the the same time. Dan Beaudin played both sports for the Griz recently when they needed him and Scott Zanon played football after his eligibility for basketball was used up. The Ward kid from Florida State seemed to do OK at both sports.

I can assure you that Wayne may regret not having him but he will wish the kid the best of luck and go on with the Basketball program.

He's still a Griz, ain't he? He stayed here to follow his dreams, not transfer to another school. Sucks for the BBall program, but all right with me.

Pastor Ron said:

Jesus effin Christ

Back