• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jake Dallaserra

AZGrizFan

DONOR
So, what's this kid's story? He had a huge hit in the Suck State game on special teams, crushing the ball carrier and stopping him in his tracks late in the game, and then yesterday he had perhaps THE key block on EH's kickoff return for a TD....gogriz.com roster says he's 5'11", 180...he plays a lot bigger than that. I like his motor!

AZGrizFan said:
So, what's this kid's story? He had a huge hit in the Suck State game on special teams, crushing the ball carrier and stopping him in his tracks late in the game, and then yesterday he had perhaps THE key block on EH's kickoff return for a TD....gogriz.com roster says he's 5'11", 180...he plays a lot bigger than that. I like his motor!

Butte kid...

His block on the KO return really caught my eye, mainly because he was setting up outside leverage while Ellis was making the initial deke toward the middle of the field before swerving outside.

I've got a feeling this return was schematically setup by the ST coach Ross Brunelle, so in addition to the great execution I think some recognition is due the coaching here.

AZGrizFan said:
I was going to ask someone on here who had that block on Ellis' return. Play of the game

mtgriz said:
His block on the KO return really caught my eye, mainly because he was setting up outside leverage while Ellis was making the initial deke toward the middle of the field before swerving outside.

I've got a feeling this return was schematically setup by the ST coach Ross Brunelle, so in addition to the great execution I think some recognition is due the coaching here.
I see Ellis Henderson quoted as saying Brunelle told him he was going in on that KO return right before the play. Thank goodness Brunelle made that change.
Why weren't we using in Joe Glenn's words, "our best player" prior to that KO return?
We need to get EH as many touches as possible every game.
Dalleserra is a stud on special teams!
Go Griz!

AZGrizFan said:

Two words AZ.... Butte Rat.... :thumb:

Can never go wrong having kids from Butte on the team :D

Or the other sport that gets overshadowed where he is a standout....wrestling. They learn torque points of how to move another player. That and toughness.

I was glad to see him make that block, earlier in the game he had a chance to catch and down a punt at the 2 but was looking at the returner that was at the 10 yard line and the ball bounced right beside him and then bounced in for a touchback. He really redeemed himself with the block.

After the game, EH said that was the best blocking on any return all year. Hat off to Jake!! This is what makes it special, someone who has been working their tail off behind the scenes gets some recognition.

Buttegrizzle said:
Nice kid. Nice family. He's only a redshirt freshman I think

Redshirt Sophomore < http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jake_dallaserra_799140.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice to see guys stepping up on special teams, I have noticed that the kick coverage seems to really miss Counts. But Lebsock, Dalleserra, and Gamboa seem to do a nice job out there on special teams, can't wait to see them all in there playing regularly over the next few years!

He had a career high school wrestling record of 100-8 at Butte High, and won state championships in 2008 (at 105 pounds) and 2011 (when he went 34-2 at 160 pounds), and was the runner-up in 2009)...team captain in wrestling his senior year...second team all-state at wide receiver and safety as a senior...lettered four times in wrestling, three times in football, and twice in track.

I posted previously this season, when Jake made a good ST plays, that I hoped he would make an impact in the future...hopefully he continues to improve.

He played with my nephew, and I know the Mom--great lady.

Back