• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Its time to run the Gauntlet !!

GlacierGrizX

Well-known member
The Griz are now 5-1 and its time to see what we got. Next week Cal Poly and then EWU. I can officially, say now, this will be the true test if the Griz are legitimate! If we go 2-0, watch out BSC! What are people’s opinions if we go 1-1, does it depend on whom we lose to?
I want a “W” over EWU so bad! Last year’s on-sides kick still grinds my gears!! Tell you the truth, I want it worse than a, “W” over the Scats.
 
The Griz have been legit since Aug. 31. It's not their fault their opponents are weaker than expected and against five of them, they did what they are supposed to do which is blast them. If you are saying the gauntlet includes EWU and you're basing the Griz not being legit partly on playing NoDak, well, the Griz thrashed NoDak way worse than EWU did today. Bottom line, the Griz play the teams they're told to play. The players and coaches don't make the schedule, and against all those so-called "bad" teams, the margin has never even been close. I'd say that's already LEGIT.

Cal Poly, EWU and the Cats are obviously better than the teams the Griz have already played, but I will be willing to bet a million dollars that if the Griz beat Poly by two or more scores, you and many others will come back here Saturday night claiming the Mustangs weren't good either, and that Oct. 26 will be the first true test of the season.
 
I agree, Hav. UM has been legit since day 1. They are having a very good season. They had one very bad game. UM has clobbered the teams they beat. They are good on both sides of the ball. JJ is terrific. The Griz need to continue to improve. I think they will.
 
havgrizfan said:
The Griz have been legit since Aug. 31. It's not their fault their opponents are weaker than expected and against five of them, they did what they are supposed to do which is blast them. If you are saying the gauntlet includes EWU and you're basing the Griz not being legit partly on playing NoDak, well, the Griz thrashed NoDak way worse than EWU did today. Bottom line, the Griz play the teams they're told to play. The players and coaches don't make the schedule, and against all those so-called "bad" teams, the margin has never even been close. I'd say that's already LEGIT.

Cal Poly, EWU and the Cats are obviously better than the teams the Griz have already played, but I will be willing to bet a million dollars that if the Griz beat Poly by two or more scores, you and many others will come back here Saturday night claiming the Mustangs weren't good either, and that Oct. 26 will be the first true test of the season.


Not saying that all Sir! I am just saying we are playing two perennial powers back to back. I’m sorry for the offense, should have wrote in a different context. However; a teams like UC Davis are known perennial losers like Northern Colorado, and Idaho State. The point I was trying to make was, which will hurt the Griz more a loss to EWU or Poly?????????????????????????????????????????????
 
Glacier, my apologies for the rant, this whole weak schedule thing is just getting plain stupid, and it's bothering me. I see it posted here and on BN, and yet the same people who claim the Griz play a weak schedule are also touting how tough the Big Sky is, and the Griz don't even have to play several of the worst teams in the Big Sky this season. Montana just beat the isht out of the first-place team in the league, a team observer (Cat poster) was here all week reminding us that was ahead of the Griz in the conference standings. It's getting late in October and the whole weak schedule thing is played out. Let other fan bases talk crap about the Griz and their schedule, our fan base should just be jacked that the Griz are 5-1.

On to your question, I think either loss would sting because both games are in Wash-Griz. I picked the Griz to go 9-3 this season though, so I don't know. I guess we'll find out in two weeks.
 
havgrizfan said:
Glacier, my apologies for the rant, this whole weak schedule thing is just getting plain stupid, and it's bothering me. I see it posted here and on BN, and yet the same people who claim the Griz play a weak schedule are also touting how tough the Big Sky is, and the Griz don't even have to play several of the worst teams in the Big Sky this season. Montana just beat the isht out of the first-place team in the league, a team observer (Cat poster) was here all week reminding us that was ahead of the Griz in the conference standings. It's getting late in October and the whole weak schedule thing is played out. Let other fan bases talk crap about the Griz and their schedule, our fan base should just be jacked that the Griz are 5-1.

On to your question, I think either loss would sting because both games are in Wash-Griz. I picked the Griz to go 9-3 this season though, so I don't know. I guess we'll find out in two weeks.

Hav, I don't think our schedule is weak. It's just that with the Cats following us so much, the teams are preoccupied because they know they have to face the fury of the Bobcats next. Ergo, their performance against us is substandard.
 
pussycatkillerz said:
I feel great going into the next two.

This is a damn good football team.

Considering that we have no offense, defense, or kicking game we have done OK. :D
 
cclarkblues said:
pussycatkillerz said:
I feel great going into the next two.

This is a damn good football team.

Considering that we have no offense, defense, or kicking game we have done OK. :D
No offense, defense, kicking game...and a horrible head coach and idiots at all the coordinators too! Haha yeah, we've done all right! :D
 
I think we go 2-0. The NAU was the one bad game a team has each year. The GRIZ have dominated on the scoreboard, and the defense has yet to have a really bad game. Even in the NAU game , NAU only earned 2 TD's on them. That wins a lot of games.

Also, if memory serves me correct, the GRIZ have held every opponent under their season averages in yards and points.

My only concerns are inconsistent kicking game, and need to add in some quick passes into the game planning. I expected the GRIZ to go lose 2 or 3 this season. To be honest, I did not expect them to win by the margins they are. Defense is doing about as I expected. Offense is much more efficient than I expected.
 
we will roll over cal polly. Not sure about ewu, they always play us tough at home and their qb is exceptional. It's gona be a fun one. JJ is one tough guy and he is on a mission. Hard to bet against him.
 
I am very glad the Griz have Cal Poly and EWU a home. A huge advantage. One thing I am pleased to see right now - second and third stringers getting some time on the field. Helps the Griz stay healthy and builds the program for next year as well. Amazing how much time some of these kids are seeing. Delaney does not like running up the score and I applaud him for that, but it also has a dual purpose that will hopefully pay off in the future.
 
The one thing that really stands out is the team speed on defense. Cal poly may find it difficult going coming into Missoula. All bets are off as far as ewu. IF we lose one the stinger would be poly. If you want to talk weak schedule look who msu plays the next three weeks. Weber, davis, and northern colorado. That is about as weak as it comes as far as the BSC is concern. IMO the nau game was a wake up call and lit a fire under this team. If the coaches can game plan I'm confident the players can execute.
Go Griz!!
 
CPSLO quarterback Chris Brown is a Trent McKinney clone he is very good with his feet but just can not throw the ball down the field. CPLSO has 10 starters back on defense and are a pretty good bunch but that offense is one dimentional at best. Watched the Portland St. CPSLO game on Roots a couple of weeks back and Brown did not look good throwing the football at all. If the Mustangs can't run the ball and get down early they will be in big trouble.
 
havgrizfan said:
Glacier, my apologies for the rant, this whole weak schedule thing is just getting plain stupid, and it's bothering me. I see it posted here and on BN, and yet the same people who claim the Griz play a weak schedule are also touting how tough the Big Sky is, and the Griz don't even have to play several of the worst teams in the Big Sky this season. Montana just beat the isht out of the first-place team in the league, a team observer (Cat poster) was here all week reminding us that was ahead of the Griz in the conference standings. It's getting late in October and the whole weak schedule thing is played out. Let other fan bases talk crap about the Griz and their schedule, our fan base should just be jacked that the Griz are 5-1.

On to your question, I think either loss would sting because both games are in Wash-Griz. I picked the Griz to go 9-3 this season though, so I don't know. I guess we'll find out in two weeks.
I too picked us to go 9-3 like you. I hope I'm wrong and we lose only 1. Looking at the Scats schedule I can't see any criticism coming from them. The schedule talk will end this week for sure. The tackling was really cleaned up this week...I've watched the UCD game 3x now and it was VERY solid. Poly and EWU are both HOME games and we HAVE to win both. I just hope our weak kicking game doesn't come back to bite us in a "tight" game...(no tight games so far though) After watching again, Jordys arm looks good to me...?? :egriz: p.s. I think we'll start exploiting people with Van's receiving skills like we did with Chase...
 
grizaremoregooder said:
CPSLO quarterback Chris Brown is a Trent McKinney clone he is very good with his feet but just can not throw the ball down the field. CPLSO has 10 starters back on defense and are a pretty good bunch but that offense is one dimentional at best. Watched the Portland St. CPSLO game on Roots a couple of weeks back and Brown did not look good throwing the football at all. If the Mustangs can't run the ball and get down early they will be in big trouble.
Chris Brown is no longer the starter. Last spring and this fall there was a 4 way battle to replace Broadous at QB. Moraga was named the starter, Dano Graves was the #2, Chris Brown #3 and Tanner Trosin #4. Moraga blew out his knee the 2nd game against Fresno State. Graves did not make the trip because he was injured the week before against San Diego. Brown started the next three games.

Graves was given the start last night against a Weber State and was 13 of 16 for 169 yards and 3 TDs passing and rushed 17 times for 116 yards. Graves is a transfer from Air Force. He was the Max Preps 2010 National Player of the Year. He led his team to a California State Championship throwing for a record 63 TDs and rushing for 22. He threw for 3,700 yards while rushing for 1,000 yards. The thing that kept a Dano from playing at a bigger program is he is only 5'9". He is cat quick and fun to watch. Weber State is not Montana so it will be interesting to see how he does against top competition next week.
 
I have a Griz curse ...I'd love to hitch a ride with Slostang out to Missoula for a Cal Poly Montana game.. ... It always falls on an impossible date. This year it's is our 15th wedding anniversary.

It's on my bucket list and I will get there.

Graves may cause some trouble for the the Montana D....think 2008 he looks a bit like John Dally
 
i do love the griz said:
cclarkblues said:
pussycatkillerz said:
I feel great going into the next two.

This is a damn good football team.

Considering that we have no offense, defense, or kicking game we have done OK. :D
No offense, defense, kicking game...and a horrible head coach and idiots at all the coordinators too! Haha yeah, we've done all right! :D

It's a goddamned miracle!

The ship be sinkin'!
 
Can anyone explain what EWU does offensively??? I have not watched them yet. Does Adams and Co. play a spread offense, what scheme will our D place against them?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top