• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

ISU Question From Way Back

Shakermaker

I remember back in 1995 a home game vs ISU. Some people in the crowd made jail bars and held them up like they were behind bars. On top of this they had rigged up some ISU shirts. Not real ones, but they were making fun of ISU. I wish I could remember what exactly it was for. I also remember a few people wearing shirts that said something like:
ISU fellons.

Does anyone remeber, not so much the Griz propaganda (sp?) that game, but what exactly the cause of it was. I know a player or players got tossed in jail, but when, what for, and for how long I couldn't tell you.

It seems like ISU has always had a real classy program since. . . ummm, no.

Are you sure that wasn't BSU with Tony Hilde (jailed earlier that year) at QB and Pokey Allen's last trip to Missoula? I remember Monte holding up bars in front of his face that said "Bronco Jail". The 1995 Road to the Campionship" book shows this as well.
There was also a joke running around: If there are 3 BSU players riding in a car, who's driving? The Cop!! :lol:

grizfnz said:
Are you sure that wasn't BSU with Tony Hilde (jailed earlier that year) at QB and Pokey Allen's last trip to Missoula? I remember Monte holding up bars in front of his face that said "Bronco Jail". The 1995 Road to the Campionship" book shows this as well.
There was also a joke running around: If there are 3 BSU players riding in a car, who's driving? The Cop!! :lol:

That may have been it. Three Idaho schools in the BSC at the time, but I'm almost positive it was ISU. I remember monte laying out a Broncos blanket on the turf, turning his back towards the crowd, and then squeezing a water bottle between his legs so it looked like he was pissing on it.

I'm going to go back and check to see if we played ISU at home. If we didn't, then it was BSU for sure, but man, ISU really is burned into my memory.

We did play ISU in Missoula, but after checking out the video highlights I know it had to have been Boise. Because I remember it being a very warm day, the grass was still green, and it was a suuuuunnnnny day. The ISU game was in November, so it couldn't have been them. We played Boise early in the season, so my guess is the Broncs then.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Back