• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is there such a thing as "three deep official roster" out of spring ball ?

krammer

That was used as a motivation tool back in my day.......It created competition like crazy because it came from the coaches and not fans who speculate. Can anyone could post it? ....that would be great.

That was used as a motivation tool back in my day.......It created competition like crazy because it came from the coaches and not fans who speculate. Can anyone could post it? ....that would be great.
That is a good question. I wonder if he did and that led to Vidlak hitting the portal? Or I wonder if you have if you have to be a little more nuanced about it with the portal and you don't want to lose some younger players in the Spring when they see themselves as 3rd or 4th but potentially could be huge contributors.

The first depth chart available to the public will be the official 2-deep released the last week of August. This is my guess what the 3-deep looks like post-spring practices.

Some true freshman will push for that 3rd depth spot. I did not include any on the 3-deep since they haven’t practiced with the team

I did not place any late transfers higher than the 3rd depth spot, since they haven’t practiced with the team.

I expect at least one more transfer OT. I would love another addition at Nose and Center.

Offense
QB: Ah Yat, Huot, Fife

RB: E Gillman, Ostmo, Rocker

WR(X): White, Simpson, Alford
WR(Z): Fontes, Racanelli, Finch
WR(F): Bergen, X Harris, Deck

TE: Grossman, Shafer, Barker

LT: Panfiloff, Botner, Ray
LG: Johnson, Freitas, Henrikson
C: Brown, McCabe, Ray
RG: Grimsrud, Freitas, Templeton
RT: Casey, Botner, Buehler

Defense
Nose: Hayden, Kaschmitter, Ramos
DE: Nuce, Lehrmann, M Mata’afa
DE: H Harris, Detrick, Wilson V

LB: Tirrell, Barnum, Stevenson
LB: Kaho, Osteen, Leonard
LB: Wilson, Hustedt, Otlewski

FS: Lee, Rostad, Cutler
SS: Meyer, P Lang, McGurran
Nickel: Gordon, Klucewich, Longin

CB: Gradney, Jackson, Ford
CB: Lawler, Rausch, Brady

Special Teams
KR: Bergen, Phillips, Deck
PR: Bergen, Phillips, Deck
K: Glasgow, Boyer, Silver
P: Morrison, Silver, Boyer
LS: Pibal

I'm not convinced Huot has passed Fife on the depth chart, in fact I'd be pretty surprised if he has.

I'm not convinced Huot has passed Fife on the depth chart, in fact I'd be pretty surprised if he has.
Fife ran with the 3’s and 4’s all spring as he learned the playbook. It is him that has to pass up Huot. We won’t know anything for certain until Aug 31 as all 3 have a chance to win the job.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they are told and listed as 1, 2a and 2b. I think this will be a pretty heavy competition in fall camp. Would be best if they are all up to the task. Let the cream rise to the top and let’s hope when they do they are ready for prime time and up to playing in front of a WaGriz crowd.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they are told and listed as 1, 2a and 2b. I think this will be a pretty heavy competition in fall camp. Would be best if they are all up to the task. Let the cream rise to the top and let’s hope when they do they are ready for prime time and up to playing in front of a WaGriz crowd.
I agree with your assessment of the competition, but I think Ah Yat and Fife are still 1A and 1B.

Thank you Griz Win for the update, I appreciate it. Go Griz !

The first depth chart available to the public will be the official 2-deep released the last week of August. This is my guess what the 3-deep looks like post-spring practices.

Some true freshman will push for that 3rd depth spot. I did not include any on the 3-deep since they haven’t practiced with the team

I did not place any late transfers higher than the 3rd depth spot, since they haven’t practiced with the team.

I expect at least one more transfer OT. I would love another addition at Nose and Center.

Offense
QB: Ah Yat, Huot, Fife

RB: E Gillman, Ostmo, Rocker

WR(X): White, Simpson, Alford
WR(Z): Fontes, Racanelli, Finch
WR(F): Bergen, X Harris, Deck

TE: Grossman, Shafer, Barker

LT: Panfiloff, Botner, Ray
LG: Johnson, Freitas, Henrikson
C: Brown, McCabe, Ray
RG: Grimsrud, Freitas, Templeton
RT: Casey, Botner, Buehler