• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is it time for the drop-kick?

msoblazer

Yeah, I get that it's way inconsistent and the bounce can go bad. But, does anyone think Shaw can do better than 3-10? Just sayin...

Couldn't be any worse than waking up to this in the paper:

“It’s atrocious,” Delaney said of the field goal kicking. “That’s unacceptable. They’ve got to be accountable and do a better job.

“We’ll run on fourth down. We won’t even kick the ball if we can’t make the kicks that are expected of them. They’ve got to perform like everybody else and we’ll keep switching around until someone takes the job.”

Can you imagine what he said in person??????

tnt said:

“It’s atrocious,” Delaney said of the field goal kicking. “That’s unacceptable. They’ve got to be accountable and do a better job.

“We’ll run on fourth down. We won’t even kick the ball if we can’t make the kicks that are expected of them. They’ve got to perform like everybody else and we’ll keep switching around until someone takes the job.”

Good. I'm not a fan of blowing smoke up people's asses...hope he reamed them good. There's probably somebody on the Griz soccer team that could at LEAST go 5-10 on FG's inside 45 yards.

AZGrizFan said:
tnt said:

Good. I'm not a fan of blowing smoke up people's asses...hope he reamed them good. There's probably somebody on the Griz soccer team that could at LEAST go 5-10 on FG's inside 45 yards.

I just hope someone improves and steps up to the plate so we don't have to pull a Georgia Southern and recruit a soccer player to be our kicker... :?

If this were MSU a la the mid 1960's we might be lucky enough to find a Norwegian ski jumper with a wicked leg. ;)

get'em_griz said:
AZGrizFan said:
tnt said:

I just hope someone improves and steps up to the plate so we don't have to pull a Georgia Southern and recruit a soccer player to be our kicker... :?

Lider closes his hips much too quickly when kicking from the right hash which creates his hook. If he actually had extensive soccer experience he'd be a better kicker, as kicking from the opposite hash is the same kick as a cross-field switching ball.

tnt said:

knowing m.d. the way I do, it would not have been pretty....maybe a little to much butte, for young men to handle...lets hope it does destroy what little confidence they have left......on the other hand, they do need a kick in the butt....

Silvertip said:
If this were MSU a la the mid 1960's we might be lucky enough to find a Norwegian ski jumper with a wicked leg. ;)

That did workout well............ Then there was that Frank Kalfous the next year that ruined our undefeated season. Took a while to figure out if the kick was good. Too much snow.

Aren't all our soccer players girls? Not thinking that would work out real well after the last few years.

tnt said:
Aren't all our soccer players girls? Not thinking that would work out real well after the last few years.

I first I was like :lol:, then I was all
huh.gif
, and then I :lol:.

Sundown said:
tnt said:

I first I was like :lol:, then I was all
huh.gif
, and then I :lol:.

Is there anybody on the Maggots with any college eligibility left?

Silvertip said:
Steneruds lifetime fg% was 66.8

He wouldn't make one team in the NFL now with that %

Jus sayin

:coffee:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I saw his two most memorable kicks as a Bobcat though. His 54 yarder (a record at the time) and his 113 yard attempt. Bozo's punter was injured and th BU couldn't get it over the line of scrimmage. Missed FG were just like punts back then. In the endzone was a touchback and in the field of play, where ever it was downed. The rule was changed because of stensrud.

AZGrizFan said:
tnt said:

Maybe someone should look at the womens soceer team, remember how great Kathy Ireland was in unneccessary roughness? WOW!!

tnt said:

Micks the f*ing coach, he needs to get it fixed.

I don't disagree Alpha but what I saw last night could easily cost the Griz several W's this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wish we had recruited the Daley kid out of Billings Central.
We showed no interest and as a result the bobcats had a good get there.
I suspect we'll be recruiting a kicker next year, wish it had been last year.
:ugeek:

Back