• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Interesting story on Idaho AD Rob Spear

MrTitleist

Staff member
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/03/30/2513736/idaho-ad-on-a-roll-getting-vandals.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MrTitleist said:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/03/30/2513736/idaho-ad-on-a-roll-getting-vandals.html
Have to agree; considering the hand he had to work with, he's getting things in order.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Didn't Idaho start out in the Sun-Belt?
Idaho went to the Sun Belt in 2001 after the Big West dropped football. Now they go again after the WAC drops football.

Pacific Coast Conf. 1922-58
Independent 1959-62
BSC 1963-95
Big West 1996-2000
Sun Belt 2001-4
WAC 2005-current

From 1963 to 1978 Idaho retained its major college classification while playing within the DII BSC by special arrangement with the NCAA. When 1-AA was formed in '78 and until '95 is the only period Idaho was classified below the top level. May help to explain their attraction to FBS.

Troy is actually the Vandal football beat writer for the Lewiston Tribune. The Mistakesman doesn't have the balls to have one of their own writers write something pro-Vandal.

kemajic said:
May help to explain their attraction to FBS.

I think continually losing a whole bunch of football games explains their attraction to the FBS. Their fan base must be gluttons for punishment.

U of Idaho and politics seem to be walking hand in hand. Fan base must be dumb and numb and will take anything. And to think most of us Griz fans thought we had problems..........

BWahlberg said:
kemajic said:
May help to explain their attraction to FBS.

I think continually losing a whole bunch of football games explains their attraction to the FBS. Their fan base must be gluttons for punishment.
They would rather lose playing major college football than win playing small college. I have no problem understanding that. You are the great spokeman for freedom of speech and choice; where is the respect for them choosing challenge over the path of least reisistance? Criticizing Idaho's Sun Belt membership when we play Pan Handle St. is a bit ironic. We are the experts at taking the path of least resistance.

Back