• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Interceptions good or bad?

A few weeks ago when reading the stastics I was very impressed with JJ's number of interceptions. After some reflection and given he is at only one interception after 8 games I think this statistic is a refelction of problem. The griz and JJ are too conservative. While I don't want him to lead the league in picks this clearly shows the lack of risk taken. Also would love to see a statistic the shows number of short yardage 3rd and 4th down faliures to convert that includes red zone. The zone stretch blocking schemes do not allow the big bodied line to get off the ball and move people...still sounds like coaching!

grizzly bob 70 said:
A few weeks ago when reading the stastics I was very impressed with JJ's number of interceptions. After some reflection and given he is at only one interception after 8 games I think this statistic is a refelction of problem. The griz and JJ are too conservative. While I don't want him to lead the league in picks this clearly shows the lack of risk taken. Also would love to see a statistic the shows number of short yardage 3rd and 4th down faliures to convert that includes red zone. The zone stretch blocking schemes do not allow the big bodied line to get off the ball and move people...still sounds like coaching!

I mostly agree with you, however I think the Griz have been at times to aggressive when they were going for deep routes all the time. Johnson does not try to force things, which is good most of the time, however at times it can be the difference maker.

Just look at all the balls Adams forced and how well that worked out for them. I think Henderson would benefit from having some balls thrown his way that let him go get them like Adams does. Nothing to accurate just with enough hang time to give the receivers a chance to make the play.

In Johnson's defense there were several times he was flushed from the pocket running for his life before the receiver was able to get open so in those cases it may have been good he did not force the issue. Here is to hoping the offense starts clicking on all cylinders like they did to open the season... :thumb:

Also, yes the Griz need to work on their 3rd down conversions so they stop putting themselves in the dilemma of should we go for it or try a FG. I think implementing the tight ends in the passing game more along with going for quick short passes (not just screens either) may work well but what do I know.

Back