• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Injuries?

Jamal Wilson went out with an ankle and didn't return. Jamaal Jones hurt ankle but kept playin. Tonga re-injured his ankle but kept playin. Hermanson hurt a hand or wrist but obviously kept playing.

havgrizfan said:
Jamal Wilson went out with an ankle and didn't return. Jamaal Jones hurt ankle but kept playin. Tonga re-injured his ankle but kept playin. Hermanson hurt a hand or wrist but obviously kept playing.
Looked more like a shoulder stinger.

kemajic said:
havgrizfan said:
Looked more like a shoulder stinger.

Yep, that's what it looked like to me too...he came back and seemed fine. Played his ass off!

Saw Josh Dennard hobbling around on the sidelines on what appeared to be a bad ankle. JR Nelson got some playing time as a result.

We have a lot of players with ankle injuries right now!!!

I hope to hell we get up early on Weber and can play some second and third stringers. Two weeks might help to get us healthy for the brawl. Given the way we have played thus far - who knows how the game this week will go. Sucks to be banged up - but at least the o-line is still healthy :roll:

go96griz said:
Saw Josh Dennard hobbling around on the sidelines on what appeared to be a bad ankle. JR Nelson got some playing time as a result.

I am okay with JR Nelson getting more PT. Seems to be an alright tackler (Wraps up). In addition, for a freshman, already has the awareness to turn his head and look for the ball. IMO Dennard is lacking on this. I wish we would have kept him at receiver.

I think JRN is going to turn out to be a decent CB.

Losing Wilson sucks, but our running game is a filthy mess anyway. Hagfors (if used) should step in fine. I cant imagine it getting worse in terms of running the football. No one is getting it done in terms of run blocking.

Maynardsgametrail said:
go96griz said:

I am okay with JR Nelson getting more PT. Seems to be an alright tackler (Wraps up). In addition, for a freshman, already has the awareness to turn his head and look for the ball. IMO Dennard is lacking on this. I wish we would have kept him at receiver.

I think JRN is going to turn out to be a decent CB.

Losing Wilson sucks, but our running game is a filthy mess anyway. Hagfors (if used) should step in fine. I cant imagine it getting worse in terms of running the football. No one is getting it done in terms of run blocking.

Honestly its not usually just blocking. Multiple plays yesterday the 2nd lane was open and missed my Canada. John actually hit a few and it worked. As a RB they need to look wider at the line. When we get van back that's his specialty. Then canada really is good at making room in the 1 hole. That's what makes the good combo. Right now teams are stuffing the a gap and nobody is finding holes around it. Van will. Honestly or run game will get better

NDS's stud linebacker may be done. Possible ACL apparently.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/418032/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PlayerRep said:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/418032/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow. That sucks.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Wow. That sucks.
At this point in the season, would an NDSU loss at Youngstown State drop them out of the top 3?

Grizzaholic said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Wow. That sucks.
At this point in the season, would an NDSU loss at Youngstown State drop them out of the top 3?

Not sure who you would replace them with. Every team (other than NDSU) has shown a weakness here or there...some very glaring.

Back