• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

In all the years I've been a Griz Fan..

Dmontanagrizzlies

DONOR
It's fun to inflate your ego but you guys are once again going overboard.
. If you think for a. second game is going to be a push over, you should be banned.
No matter what happened the previous week or weeks you guys are being assine thinking we will just roll the cats.
Honestly if we were blowing teams out, I'd say put it in pen!
This is going to be an old school game and will need all of our effort cheering the Griz on
The cats beat us last yr. So until then, they are champs as much as i hate it.
They got us at home and deserve some credit therefore FTC. Like it or not they have it up on us
Now lets just win!

Dmontanagrizzlies,
I agree.

If you want to be the man, you've got to beat the man.

And for years and years and years, we have been the man. Let's play the game before we hand out trophies.

I am in the "this game is NOT a given by any means" category. I picked the Griz to lose three this season and I've been right about the first two.

Having said that, overconfidence, arrogance, high hopes, by Griz fans has NOTHING to do with the outcome of the game and never will. Let fans BE fans. GEEZ, Fans are SUPPOSED TO THINK THEIR TEAM IS THE BEST.

havgrizfan said:
I am in the "this game is NOT a given by any means" category. I picked the Griz to lose three this season and I've been right about the first two.

Having said that, overconfidence, arrogance, high hopes, by Griz fans has NOTHING to do with the outcome of the game and never will. Let fans BE fans. GEEZ, Fans are SUPPOSED TO THINK THEIR TEAM IS THE BEST.

Agreed. I personally think it'll be a close game but if other fans want to think it's going to be a blowout (in either direction) that's fine. Plus some of these predictions may be just for smack purposes anyway :)

The team isn't going to be reading a post by some anonymous jackwad here on eGriz or BobcatNation and say "Well....<insert name here> says we're going to blow them out by 50 so we probably don't really need to practice or prepare anymore...lets go get hammered instead!"

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
It's fun to inflate your ego but you guys are once again going overboard. ... If you think for a second [the] game is going to be a pushover, you should be banned. ... This is going to be an old school game and will need all of our effort cheering the Griz on.
Most fans that follow football (and any other sport) know that games are won on the field. Most Griz fans know the Bobcats have lots of talent. Older Griz fans remember 1969 when the Griz were undefeated with a 7-game winning streak, playing in Bozeman against the Bobcats who were on a 5-game losing streak. The Griz barely won, 7-6.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic. God knows how many pessimists have always inhabited this board. Putting a win in pen is certainly a little over the top, but pencils are fine.

“Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” —Helen Keller

“I'd rather be an optimist and a fool than a pessimist and right.” ―Albert Einstein

It's going to be a slugfest, very close game, if we don't play our best game of the year we will loose.

Put it this way....when I'm around my cat friends I don't say we're gonna kick your ass. I know better. This will be a knock down drag out game with turn overs determining the outcome.
Go Griz!!

I predicted 28 - 27 over on the other thread. I see this one going either way possibly depending on which teams' banged up running backs do better. Both teams have an X factor too, JJ and DM. Go Griz!

We need to remember that we needed last minute heroics and couple over times to beat some teams this year, none who are as talented as the Bobcats. Losing the last couple of games means squat. They are beat up and struggling but I am sure they will be more than ready for this game. If we don't play our A game, we will get smoked. I think it will be a battle and it will come down to the end. It could go either way.

This thread should be renamed: "Over Confident Fans Need Not Post"

Even when the Cats sucked and had that coaching genius Hysell in charge they took the Griz down to the wire a few times. That said I hope it is a Griz win by 3 TDs so I can relax a little and enjoy some low cost watered down beer.

We get better as the season progresses; the Cats regress. There is now some separation; we play a clean game and get an early lead to take the crowd out of it, we win - and convincingly. We don't and we allow them to stay in the game, it could be anyone's to take. We do know DM does not like cold weather; another whiffed pass attempt last week. Current forecast is 38 F and sunny.

As a Griz fan, I would say we used to always somehow pull games out even when we were more dominant. We'd always get the lucky breaks (which they earned...wasn't just luck). Its like last year all of those wins went the other way and now we're back to where the griz used to be this season. I'll take it. Let's make a run boys!

I disagree with most all posts in this thread. I think their personnel issues more than offset their home game advantage. The Griz are surging and the Cats are wallowing. As soon as the Griz take a lead in his game the wheels are coming off the catmobile. Bank on it.

Back