• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I'm hearing bad news about Disney

H-townGriz

This could be a little early but I am hearing he is out 2-4 weeks. It looks like we are gonna get bit on the ankles ton's this year.

Well if this is true it's a good thing we have a bye this week. That will give the coaches a couple weeks to put some spit and polish on Hartman. We'll get to see if all the people on this board that are so high on him are right. He could be the BSC's next Lulay? We'll see when Idaho comes to town.

I just hope they don't try to bring back Ochs too soon. That could result in losing him the rest of the season.

Man, that's tough especially if Ochs can't go against Idaho. I've heard he may be ready to go however. Who's behind Hartman? Put Segars in there and run the Option, it can't do any worse that our O has so far this year.

We have Casey Cordial behind Hartman, so we have a backup.

Don't they tape our players ankles? Who is the trainer? He doesn't seem to be getting it done.

Andy Thompson was the 1st team all state 4A Qb as well as a Defensive standout in Washington State.

I think that might seem crazy to move our starting LB to Qb, but it saves us from getting a Young QB destroyed against a D1A school.

Thomson would have a blast back there, if Dis is truly out.

The QB's from Walla Walla Valley have a long tradition as being Gamers...even before the world heard of Drew Bledsoe....and Thompson brothers were no exception....as the Griz fans know.

just some thoughts.

Go Griz

whoever is at qb....throw the damn ball to Talmadge!

ronbo said:
Don't they tape our players ankles? Who is the trainer? He doesn't seem to be getting it done.

You can tape all you want, it adds support, but isn't going to stop an ankle injury from happening. I believe Dennis Murphy is the Trainer and has been for what seems like decades. Don't put the blame there, he's stellar at what he does.

GoodGodGriz said:
ronbo said:

You can tape all you want, it adds support, but isn't going to stop an ankle injury from happening. I believe Dennis Murphy is the Trainer and has been for what seems like decades. Don't put the blame there, he's stellar at what he does.

Oh yeah, the guy that said the new improved anti-concussion helmets endorsed by the NFL and the NCAA, by the American Medical Assn. were no better than the 25 year old technology helmets. His scientific analysis was that they weren't $55 better in his opinion. And I thought OK I should take your opinion over the NFL, NCAA, AMA?

I say when it comes to the athletes brains, cost is no object and the latest anti-concussion technology should be on every head.

Does anyone DARE disagree with that?

You asked about ankles, I gave my opinion about ankles.

Does the fact that the Griz don't have the latest greatest equipment mean he's a bad trainer? Why don't you look up all the stats for every team that is using this 'NASA' technology and let us know how many are, and then come back and tell us our trainer sucks some more.

I still see a lot of players in the NFL NOT using this equipment. I think it's safe to say if someone is a risk, like Ochs... get him one. If not, don't spend the money unless its needed. Remember that higher education gets squat for dollars these days, and money doesn't grow on trees.

Chill Dude :icecream:

Wow,

We are now finally badmouthing the trainer, a new low for this board.

Also, Thompson would get ruined at QB. Let's hope we don't have to find that one out for sure. Things will work out, patience is a virtue.

If Ochs can't go for Idaho and Hartman ends up starting, who will be the backup. Ronbo mentioned Casey Cordial, he's the only other QB listed on the roster. But how about Kyle Sampson? QB for Helena Capital last year, over 2000 yds passing and 1200 yds rushing. http://web.montanagrizzlies.com/umg...t=roster_detail.htm&recordid=810&-Max=1&-Find I watched him play the last two years and while he isn't big (5'8") he is a gamer. Roll him out so he can see the field, use a little option. Who else can the Griz have as a emergency QB. Sorry Kodiak, I don't see Segar as an option.

Thompson has been a QB at Montana too. Remember he spent his whole redshirt year as the thrid string so he does have some practice experience on offense. That would be in an amazing emergency though, but woudln't it be fun too watch? Also, Honestly our best bet behind Hartman is Cordial. Sampson would be interesting, but they are both only true frosh and whil Cordial has been learning the entire offense, Sampson has only been learning routes, and more specifically, routes of the receiving position he plays. Cordial will be a decent back up for the Griz someday, but, as wuold be the case with just about every true frosh QB, he would get setroyed. But so would most of our other options, so lets hope it does not get to that.

I was joking about Segars. I'm still hoping Ochs can go. What's the practice schedule for the bye week? I assume they will get Friday through Sunday off.

ronbo said:
Oh yeah, the guy that said the new improved anti-concussion helmets endorsed by the NFL and the NCAA, by the American Medical Assn. were no better than the 25 year old technology helmets. His scientific analysis was that they weren't $55 better in his opinion. And I thought OK I should take your opinion over the NFL, NCAA, AMA?

I say when it comes to the athletes brains, cost is no object and the latest anti-concussion technology should be on every head.

Disagree? YES!

Isn't anyone thinking of the children?

Can't we purchase these extra-good space-age helmets and permanently attach them to children's heads so these poor little cherubs don't have to suffer so many head injuries like we did when I was growing up? They should be permanent, too, because children suffer head injuries even when not riding bicycles. What kind of monsters want children outside playing on dangerous jungle gyms without safety helmets and kneepads? Is any cost too great for the children?

GoodGodGriz said:
You asked about ankles, I gave my opinion about ankles.

Does the fact that the Griz don't have the latest greatest equipment mean he's a bad trainer? Why don't you look up all the stats for every team that is using this 'NASA' technology and let us know how many are, and then come back and tell us our trainer sucks some more.

I still see a lot of players in the NFL NOT using this equipment. I think it's safe to say if someone is a risk, like Ochs... get him one. If not, don't spend the money unless its needed. Remember that higher education gets squat for dollars these days, and money doesn't grow on trees.

Chill Dude :icecream:

Why don't you DUDE. You put the athletes brains at risk for $55. That's shows what a lousy Griz fan you are. No wonder we have so many injuries. The trainer thinks the budjet is more important than the athletes health and so does Thinks He's God Griz.

The offensive line can pull it together and get their blocking assignments down. Everyone knows their jobs. Get all the mistakes out of the offense.
The grizzlies will be able to run and throw against anyone with the quality of players we have!
Hartman is adequate, if he and the coaches don't do more then he's capable of doing.

It's time for the team to pull together and step up and play better.

It order to make the playoffs we need to win the BSC. The team has three weeks until first Conference game.

It's time for the grizzlies fans and players to suck it up, get tough, understand the players need all the help we can give and they will respond.

Our backs are against the wall, circle the wagons, its us against the world and things will work out has long as we stick together.

Back