• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

If you were the Sac State Coach??

GlacierGrizX

If you were the Sac State coach, would you have big enough nads to go for 2 for the W? I thought they were going to slam the door shut on us! What would DON READ, Mick Dennehy, River Boat Gambler, Glenn, Phlugrad, and of course Mick Delaney do?

GlacierGrizX said:
If you were the Sac State coach, would you have big enough nads to go for 2 for the W? I thought they were going to slam the door shut on us! What would DON READ, Mick Dennehy, River Boat Gambler, Glenn, Phlugrad, and of course Mick Delaney do?
There is no "h" in Pflugrad.

I would have gone for it.

They ran all over us all day and that QB took what he wanted in the air and on the ground. He should have just bootlegged it like he did on the TD, all our defense would have done is watch him score like they did all day.

They beat us all day and should have given themselves a chance to win the game. YOU win it or YOU lose that one and they chose to lose.

Like another poster said: They had their way with us. We couldn't stop them and I had this feeling they were going to go for two after the TD. They would have won the game if they would have went for it. They showed Sac St coach walking off the field at the end of the game with his head pointed down. You could just tell that decision to kick the extra point or go for 2 was eating him alive...

I said immediately when they elected to kick... that SS f....d up and just lost the game. Why? Well they had just scored and had momentum. If you were SS before the game, would you have signed up for "one" play from 2 yards out to determine victory ?? :egriz:

Couldn't believe it.......as Alpha said they chose to lose and I was happy,happy,happy!

nzone said:
Couldn't believe it.......as Alpha said they chose to lose and I was happy, happy, happy!
+1

Edit: Actually, I meant to add (distractions) that the "conventional wisdom(?)" says to "go for the tie at home." That's why the conventional wisdom is sometimes wrong, or downright stupid, as in this case. But ... I too was "happy, happy, happy" when they went with "convention." :p

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I would have gone for it.

They ran all over us all day and that QB took what he wanted in the air and on the ground. He should have just bootlegged it like he did on the TD, all our defense would have done is watch him score like they did all day.

They beat us all day and should have given themselves a chance to win the game. YOU win it or YOU lose that one and they chose to lose.

:thumb:

I know, can't believe they didn't go for it.

Thanks coach.

We lucked out. The book says play for the tie at home, but I don't have a lot of faith in our defense to make the stop in that situation. Wish I did.

You never let a Griz on its' back stand up, because it will swat at you again! I thought it was nail-in-the-coffin, when they were going for 2!

Back