• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

If I count right...

GeauxGriz

We should have 15 scholarships from graduating seniors.

Ciche and Scholle look to be done. That would be 17.

If Ochs is done (which we hope is NOT the case) 18.

After all our WRs transfer cuz they want a chance to actually catch a ball or two..... 22.

Which will equal one of the largest recruiting classes I can remember at UM. Even without the WRs transfering, we should still land 20+ scholarship recruits plus a hand full of walk-ons. This will be Hauck's best chance to make believers out of any of us.

Yeah, I got 17 if I didn't include vernon smith, but did include the kid from Helena, Picher and Scholle. I would expect probably low 20's because I think you can figure losing about four or five other kids every year....

Areas of focus:
1. Wide Reciever
2. Kicker
3. Quarterback
4. Defensive Backs

Do kids lose their Scholarships when they are hurt and can't play due to injury? Not so sure about that... :roll:

GGG

I'm sure the kids don't lose out on the free ride. I also believe the team gets to transfer them to some type of Medical scholorship and fill the spot on the team. Someone in the know needs to clear this up.

They don't necessarily lose them, it is up to the coaching staff. They make the decision on if they will continue to pay for their schooling until they graduate. Typically in an injury situation and if the kid is close to graduating, they would honor it.

Some of the scholarships will probably go to players already on the team, who don't have full rides or scholarships at all. For example, I don't think Walden had a scholarship (as of the beginning of pre-season).

Grizfan-24 said:
Yeah, I got 17 if I didn't include vernon smith, but did include the kid from Helena, Picher and Scholle. I would expect probably low 20's because I think you can figure losing about four or five other kids every year....

Areas of focus:
1. Wide Reciever
2. Kicker
3. Quarterback
4. Defensive Backs

I did not see OL listed here

Don't scholarships for players who didn't redshirt and who may not graduate until their fifth year have to be taken into account? For example, I don't believe Snyder will graduate until next year (perhaps a year from now).

Just to clear things up a little. On the scholarship issue. If a player is injured the scholarship that he receives is not counted against the 63 total. If a player does not redshirt, he also does not count against the 63, however, in order to recruit we have been honoring the additioinal year. This money has to be made up somewhere in the athletic budget. A couple of years ago when Drew Miller and Andy Petek were done we had recruited them with the knowledge that they would get the addtional year of scholarship even theough they did not red shirt. These two scholarships were paid for by the Quarter Back Club. The Athletic Deparrtment realizes that we have a problem on the horizon with LV and Jefferson and then again with all these guys this year that did not Red Shirt. The Athletic Department has started some fund raising among the boosters to get in front of this and get a sinking fund set up for this type of situtation.

something else to keep in mind is that some players only have partial scholarships right now and may be upgraded to full, and also i'm not sure how many players leaving are full or partial....and also some recruits may accept partial scholarhips so the total number may be higher...but only a total of 85 players can be on scholarship, but only a total of 63 full scholarships which can be broken up to the 85....at least it was that way not long ago.

Who's got what is anyone's guess.

Back